May need some help.... - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 50Likes

post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Phil,
Problem is you said your Navy son, now had it been Army or Marine son been no worrys at all.seriously we as parents will never stop worrying about our siblings, just as our parents never stopped worrying about us. I am sure he will be fine . I am off the next 4 weeks if he has any problems let me know and i will find whatever help he would need. And we and I appreciate his service to our country.
EFINREF likes this.

Current ride
2006 GL1800 Arctic White
1995 1500SE
IDMWT #37
IBA #-50334
Darkside # 1644 Michelin Alpine PA3 ZP
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Cleet certified Firearms instructor since 1980
Concealed carry Firearms instructor
GWOF IB #2 With BIG KEN
Best stress reliever I ever bought until I had the blowout

Hero's dont wear capes, they wear DOG TAGS

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 07:35 AM

First, I have an Uncle just outside of Springfield, MO. So call me if help is needed in that area. Also as he is crossing up to Memphis I can help too.

Second, just give him your advice and let him go. Mine just did this with a ride around the west before he ended up in Arizona for a temporary job. Of course he did get into a minor wreck in Chicago but nobody got hurt and he will get the ding to my car fixed. It's a learning experience and they need that. But I did give him my car to use and he sold the piece of junk he had. It would not have made it........

My advice, along with others here, is to travel in uniform. He will have less problems and it will be easy to find help along the way if needed.
Ralphumor and EFINREF like this.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

I will pass on the info and I will let him know help is near. Maybe it give him comfort, I know it helps me. Thanks again

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 08:42 AM

Forecast for SW Missouri on Saturday is sunny, high temp 70 and low temp 43 and Sunday is sunny/partly cloudy highs in the low 60's and low of 41. Some thunderstorms may roll through the area late Sunday night. It should be a beautiful weekend for traveling through Missouri. I live 50 miles from Springfield, so if your son has any difficulties in my area, please contact me and I will do what I can to assist. A great big "Thank You" to your son for serving our country.

"The journey is never a direct route; it is circuitous, and somewhere along the way, we discover that the journey is more significant than the destination, and the people we meet will be traveling companions of our memories forever." N. Demille
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoIron View Post
Forecast for SW Missouri on Saturday is sunny, high temp 70 and low temp 43 and Sunday is sunny/partly cloudy highs in the low 60's and low of 41. Some thunderstorms may roll through the area late Sunday night. It should be a beautiful weekend for traveling through Missouri. I live 50 miles from Springfield, so if your son has any difficulties in my area, please contact me and I will do what I can to assist. A great big "Thank You" to your son for serving our country.
PM Sent Twoiron

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschutter View Post
One thought that I had while reading Fossils message:

Most of us would really cherish an opportunity to help a service member in need. I definitely would. So don't deprive others that opportunity - even if it might make the trip for your son slightly more difficult (difficulty generate character).

PS One of my favorite things to do is to ask wait help for the tab of a service person. Sitting in Cracker Barrel for instance, 3 fatigue wearing service fellas are eating. I ask for their bill. Get this, my waiter didn't even flinch, right away she said. This wasn't the first time with this dance. I took their bill paid it and left. I would have really enjoyed their expression when they asked for their bill.
Tim, my Janice and I do that same thing at every opportunity. Even sometimes tell the Waitress to include dessert for them.

Many times the wait staff will ask if they should tell them who it's from and we say absolutely not. "Just let them know they're appreciated".

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:51 AM

Garage
Just wind and rain out here and in the mid 50's in the day and 40's at night. Standard winter.
EFINREF likes this.
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Have him take I-90 over the Cascades toward Seattle, anything north of that is higher and getting snow.. I would suggest I-90 west to North Bend than Hwy 203 north to Monroe that by passes that whole Seattle traffic mess.
Have him check Hwy 203 road conditions in North Bend, as we are getting a lot of rain and 203 can flood at a couple places.

Once he's settle in have him contact us and we'll drive down and take to out to dinner of Pizza what ever he prefers.
fossil92, budoka, Stratman and 1 others like this.

From the Northwest Corner
Ron
The Land of Tall mountains
IDMWT #5
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:17 PM

Makes a body proud to be a member of this forum with responses like this.
Strat
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Robertson View Post
Have him take I-90 over the Cascades toward Seattle, anything north of that is higher and getting snow.. I would suggest I-90 west to North Bend than Hwy 203 north to Monroe that by passes that whole Seattle traffic mess.
Have him check Hwy 203 road conditions in North Bend, as we are getting a lot of rain and 203 can flood at a couple places.

Once he's settle in have him contact us and we'll drive down and take to out to dinner of Pizza what ever he prefers.
Ron....Thanks so much. I can never repay the kindness you have shown my boys. I will let Luke know everything. You are the best my friend.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode