New Racism!!! At least to me..... - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #11 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Phil not trying to judge your thought process but here's an Ole Fossil's take on these type of things.

Make no mistake that people who act out in such manners (ie theft, vandalism, rioting, etc. etc. etc.) are not doing so to really try to change the situation. They are doing so to take advantage of the situation.
So your saying they are taking advantage of a situation while the authorities are preoccupied?

When we had the tornado to come through, people were looting then. Now that's quality folks taking advantage of the situation for you.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post
So your saying they are taking advantage of a situation while the authorities are preoccupied?

When we had the tornado to come through, people were looting then. Now that's quality folks taking advantage of the situation for you.
After Hurricane Katrina we really had very little looting that I know of in Bay St. Louis where we lived back then. At least right after the storm. Although months later, maybe six, I did lose all my fishing gear and a few tools that I had laid out in a pile of salvageable in my carport.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #13 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post

I don't know that I'm actually judging the action as much as I am the quality of human beings. As Ron said other than a few traffic tickets I have never had any issue with obeying the law and a general rule of conduct. Hell I even went through a border patrol checkpoint 2 weeks ago on the Can Am. Before I came into the stop, I observed the speed limits and the reduction in such, flipped up the visor, removed my sunglasses and slowly came to a stop backing off the throttle, made eye contact with the person and stated that we were both US citizens. Funny thing he looked me square in the eyes and said "You folks have a great day, ride safe."

My point is just good common decency towards the process. Not acting like a "cool jerk", coming in hot on the gear box, visor down, shades on and in general making that agent do more than necessary.

I too am sorry for the rant.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91

post #14 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
gizmo97
Wow, this took off real fast.
1) I dont think you could call it racism since both groups are the same race.
2) Your sample pool is way to small to arrive to a reasonable conclusion.(learned this one from wife and kids)

post #15 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo97 View Post
Wow, this took off real fast.
1) I dont think you could call it racism since both groups are the same race.
2) Your sample pool is way to small to arrive to a reasonable conclusion.(learned this one from wife and kids)
I want to say you have a point, but what would it be. I think you are saying the race is Hispanic or Latino, for which it would be the same.

You would know this as well as anyone. If I were Serbian and hated you because your Romanian, would that be Racism? However, we would both be considered Europeans. So which is the race? Are you European or Romanian?

Baring in mind I know you are Naturalized American. Are we confused yet? Maybe!!

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #16 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:37 PM
gizmo97
You twisted my brain, need a minute to regroup.
Lets say...ahh dahh.... need more time.

post #17 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Garage
Nationality can be considered a separate race if you want to split hairs. Look at Ireland, there is still friction between the North and the South. But it's not the ones that grew up/lived through the IRA and British fighting, it's the young (college aged and >30) adults that are rioting and fighting, killing innocent people in the process. The year we were there, 3 young people were hung from an overpass during the revolt. The culprits were from the higher classed families and had no reason to act out the way they did. I could sort of see it if it was a more downtrodden sector of the population but it's not. The old wounds still run deep, but the older folk are sort of getting past it slowly.
Deep inside, we are still territorial animals, still seeking to take (by force if necessary) others' lands and tribal wealth. We (speaking in a generalization) covet that which is not ours, and seek to dominate. It's been that was since we first stood upright. The difference in us today is how far we'll go in the process or how eveolved we are in order to supress it. Most of us take our battles to the boardroom or the workplace and fulfill our material quests that way. Most of us.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #18 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
So with all this in mind. How many of us will survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7d0956ebc060dce8e6ff2958d72d85d2_large.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	119314  

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #19 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Madrussian
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
"I still find this strange. I get not liking a person, but an entire race is inconceivable."

It's nothing new...Remember WWII , Hitler?.....Isaac

I just don't tolerate liberals!! That nation is just pure evil!!!

Ralph
Tucker GA

2012 GW blue
post #20 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
So with all this in mind. How many of us will survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
I WILL!!!! Because I have watched every Walking Dead episode without fail.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode