what did you do today - Page 869 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 6193Likes

post #8681 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 08:06 PM

Yesterday it was such a beautiful day I took off work at noon and took 4 hours to get home (5 miles). Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1472864784.555298.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	207650
George Henderson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8682 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 08:44 PM

Planted flowers, of all things. SHE was busy with other things so I did the digging and planting for HER. Retirement has its advantages and so on.

post #8683 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 09:02 PM

Garage
Took our first 2-up trip in about 2 years, getting ready for Marietta and to pick up Kathi's new motorcycle boots at our dealer, Des Plaines Honda. It was 110 miles round trip. We had some fairly stiff winds headed out and I forgot to raise the windshield and adjust the preload until we headed home. Needless to say, SHE was no longer satisfied with her open face helmet. We expect to pick up a new HJC modular next week (all they had in stock was black).
I was very apprehensive about this ride, since it has been so long since we rode together, but aside from Chicago area traffic issues (Friday before a major holiday weekend-Rush hour was already happening at 1230), things went great. SHE was not used to the bike leaning anymore (I suspect that it IS kind of freaky when you are not the one driving). I took it easy (not natural) especially in the corners. I think being able to talk to each other all the time really helped. I am feeling much better about the Marietta trip. As long as we don't get really gnarly crosswinds we should be ok. Now packing for the trip ... I am thankful for the timely thread on how to pack for a long trip.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65

post #8684 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
Took our first 2-up trip in about 2 years, getting ready for Marietta and to pick up Kathi's new motorcycle boots at our dealer, Des Plaines Honda. It was 110 miles round trip. We had some fairly stiff winds headed out and I forgot to raise the windshield and adjust the preload until we headed home. Needless to say, SHE was no longer satisfied with her open face helmet. We expect to pick up a new HJC modular next week (all they had in stock was black).
I was very apprehensive about this ride, since it has been so long since we rode together, but aside from Chicago area traffic issues (Friday before a major holiday weekend-Rush hour was already happening at 1230), things went great. SHE was not used to the bike leaning anymore (I suspect that it IS kind of freaky when you are not the one driving). I took it easy (not natural) especially in the corners. I think being able to talk to each other all the time really helped. I am feeling much better about the Marietta trip. As long as we don't get really gnarly crosswinds we should be ok. Now packing for the trip ... I am thankful for the timely thread on how to pack for a long trip.
Glad you got her on the bike, first time i had my wife on my 1500 i had not even made it out of the garage and she said inwas going to fast.

I generally ride in the nude that way a quick shower takes care of the clothes issue, but the guys told me itwas not a big deal

Current ride
2006 GL1800 Arctic White
1995 1500SE
IDMWT #37
IBA #-50334
Darkside # 1644 Michelin Alpine PA3 ZP
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Cleet certified Firearms instructor since 1980
Concealed carry Firearms instructor
GWOF IB #2 With BIG KEN
Best stress reliever I ever bought until I had the blowout

Hero's dont wear capes, they wear DOG TAGS

Terry
post #8685 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I changed the amsoil in the wing today, had 8500 miles on it. All ready to go other than load the trailer, and check the tire pressure.

Current ride
2006 GL1800 Arctic White
1995 1500SE
IDMWT #37
IBA #-50334
Darkside # 1644 Michelin Alpine PA3 ZP
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Cleet certified Firearms instructor since 1980
Concealed carry Firearms instructor
GWOF IB #2 With BIG KEN
Best stress reliever I ever bought until I had the blowout

Hero's dont wear capes, they wear DOG TAGS

Terry
post #8686 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 11:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallct View Post
Glad you got her on the bike, first time i had my wife on my 1500 i had not even made it out of the garage and she said inwas going to fast.

I generally ride in the nude that way a quick shower takes care of the clothes issue, but the guys told me itwas not a big deal
Well, that is what happens when you just ride with the GUYS.
Hallct likes this.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #8687 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 10:13 PM

Garage
I took my first drive on an 1800 demo today while my bike had some service, and all I can say is WOW! I love the feel of my 1500 but riding the 1800 for 75 minutes on country roads west of town was impressive. Smooth sounding engine with a lot of snap in every gear. Much faster acceleration than I'm used to, and was awesome to drive. I'm 6'3" and I wish it would've had highway pegs and back rest on, so I could see how much room there actually was on the bike, but this was a pretty stripped down model. Took one pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al

Current ride is a 1993 1500 Aspencade, and it's Red, because, well, you know...

1978 KZ 650 Kawasaki
1974 KZ 400 Kawasaki

Last edited by segwaywinger; 09-03-2016 at 10:15 PM.
post #8688 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
@NREMTP good job getting our Kathi out for a ride. I'll bet you two will love the time together when she's settled back in the seat.

@segwaywinger You make a deal or what???
NREMTP likes this.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #8689 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 06:42 PM

Been sitting by the pool contemplating the meaning of life. Might be a couple beers involved in the following.

Drove back home today thinking on the Southern way of funerals. First driving from the chapel to the cemetery everyone going the other way pulled over for the funeral procession. They do this in the south. Also people bring food. I mean lots of food. Afterwards we all overdosed on fried chicken, turnip greens, peas, sweat potato casserole, corn bread, and more. I don't get fried chicken at home. Ate enough that I'm still full 24 hours later.

Tristan is on his way back from California. He ran into many people who recognized the name and said they had worked with me. Maybe he has an idea of his old man's work now. I told him and the crew going out that being a firefighter from Mississippi means something to stand up for. I think they did.

Proud he got a chance to lend a hand. Most of Martena's siblings asked if I had gone this year. I told them that one Jamieson was enough
Fd08wing likes this.
post #8690 of 12137 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post

@segwaywinger You make a deal or what???
No, wrong color
NREMTP likes this.

Al

Current ride is a 1993 1500 Aspencade, and it's Red, because, well, you know...

1978 KZ 650 Kawasaki
1974 KZ 400 Kawasaki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode