June 2015 Meet and Greet Cody, Wy. AREA - Page 244 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 113Likes

post #2431 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 PM

I will add, the only things I would change for this M&G would have been to have the presence of the Walters and the Hendersons. Haven't seen any of them for too long and these forum posts, even with pics, just aren't the same. I hope to see you all in November if not sooner.

2003 GL1800/MotorTrike Adventure IDMWT#25x3
Ride often. Ride far. Ride safe and do much more of both.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach him how to surf the GWOF and he won't bother you for weeks, maybe months
I'll be waitin' for you at the end of the road.
If everything had gone as planned, it would not have been an adventure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Glad you and Chance made it home safe . good to see you again Randy. Plan on seeing you again in the fall.

Current ride
2006 GL1800 Arctic White
1995 1500SE
IDMWT #37
IBA #-50334
Darkside # 1644 Michelin Alpine PA3 ZP
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Cleet certified Firearms instructor since 1980
Concealed carry Firearms instructor
GWOF IB #2 With BIG KEN
Best stress reliever I ever bought until I had the blowout

Hero's dont wear capes, they wear DOG TAGS

Terry
post #2433 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwing02 View Post
I will add, the only things I would change for this M&G would have been to have the presence of the Walters and the Hendersons. Haven't seen any of them for too long and these forum posts, even with pics, just aren't the same. I hope to see you all in November if not sooner.
I'm reading/posting for George, as he cannot find a comfortable position to use his laptop. Maybe when he gets home. He says thank you Randy and wish he could have made it to Cody. Both of us do. Looked like a great time. Just wasn't in the cards; however, will see everybody in AR. Norma

post #2434 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 11:36 AM

George and Norma, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet but someday hopefully. Sure was sorry to hear about your mishap but know things like that can happen to any of us. Have always heard there are two kind of riders, Those who have been down and those who are going down. Been there done that but none as serious as yours.
I am from South Coastal Georgia, Jesup to be exact. Been out West since I was 10.
Get better quickly and do your PT religiously.
Ken (lken37)

Ham Call: W1AYZ

Past Master of Ephrata Lodge #167.
Past District Deputy to the of the Grand Master of Free and Accepted Masons of Washington.
Past Worthy Patron of Oasis Chapter OES.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.
post #2435 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lken37 View Post
George and Norma, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet but someday hopefully. Sure was sorry to hear about your mishap but know things like that can happen to any of us. Have always heard there are two kind of riders, Those who have been down and those who are going down. Been there done that but none as serious as yours.
I am from South Coastal Georgia, Jesup to be exact. Been out West since I was 10.
Get better quickly and do your PT religiously.
Ken (lken37)
It's for sure I went down! Actually, lucky to be alive. Still thankful Norma wasn't with me. Gonna be a while before I get everything healed but look forward to another chance at a Cody M&G and meeting up with more GWOF folks. Just got to give it time and do the PT for a while longer. Already the pain is a lot less, so I'm on the mend. Thanks for the post.
post #2436 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 05:20 PM

We B home. 1/2 unloaded tomorrow is another day. Thanks to you all for such a great time.

Darksider #1247Michelin AlpinPA3 195/55/R16
AMA 2006 Titanium GL1800 w/ COMF, NAV
August in Pa. Come VISIT
post #2437 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Left Nebraska this morning. Hey, Colorado is just over there! Cut west a little to get that and then through Kansas. Made a short stop at Fort Larned, an outpost along the Santa Fe Trail. Now in Hutchinson, KS for the night. Tomorrow plan on stopping at Fort Scott and then to Uncle and Aunts near Springfield, Missouri. Weather sunny but did get to 95 today. Keep moving, it doesn't feel bad.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #2438 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownfire View Post
Left Nebraska this morning. Hey, Colorado is just over there! Cut west a little to get that and then through Kansas. Made a short stop at Fort Larned, an outpost along the Santa Fe Trail. Now in Hutchinson, KS for the night. Tomorrow plan on stopping at Fort Scott and then to Uncle and Aunts near Springfield, Missouri. Weather sunny but did get to 95 today. Keep moving, it doesn't feel bad.
When will you be home....The Peach is calling!!!!

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #2439 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post
When will you be home....The Peach is calling!!!!
Martena found it and moved it to a safe location. I'll be home Wednesday or Thursday and be sure to post a toast to you. Thanks for dropping that off. I'll spend most of a day with pictures and story line. Probably start a new thread about my adventure. Wish you had been along for some of it.....there is always a next time.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #2440 of 2476 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownfire View Post
Martena found it and moved it to a safe location. I'll be home Wednesday or Thursday and be sure to post a toast to you. Thanks for dropping that off. I'll spend most of a day with pictures and story line. Probably start a new thread about my adventure. Wish you had been along for some of it.....there is always a next time.
I look forward to the new thread.....See you soon, be careful.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode