amsoil bob - Page 3 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueman View Post
Anybody know what happen to Bob???
Bob's internet service can be sketchy, since he lives in the middle of nowhere (his description.) So try him on his cell phone: 877-356-6099.

Good man, good products!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." ~ George Orwell

Kevin
1995 1500 Aspencade named "Cochise"
1985 1200 Aspencade named "Tatanka"
IDMWT club #18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueman View Post
Hi Bob, A couple questions, I have a 2013 F6B Goldwing with about 1,200 miles on it. I changed the oil and filter at 600 miles and used the Honda GN4 10w-30 and Honda filter. I read a ton of the "oil" pages and also the oil tests on the 40 and 50 weight oils and Amsoil is looking real good. My question is, is there a test showing the 10w-30 oil with similar stats since my dealer said run the 10w-30 oil in the new Wings? I live in Ohio if that makes a difference. Also, what is the best oil for the final drive? How much for an oil change kit with filter and final drive oil? Thanks, you can email me the prices to [email protected]
Thanks.. On top of crappy internet service, my laptop has a virus and I can't access my email which is how I get here.

10W-30 or 10W-40, the choice will be yours.

The number of 30 wgt bike specific oils is so slim, it does not warrant the cost of testing.

I will go as far as a "I will change you back if you are not happy" warranty.

Many people are stuck with old school thought whare thicker is better and as long as they don't want to go above a 40 wgt to a 50, I usually don't argue.

If you ride hard and heavy, pull a trailer or triked, I will say the 40 hands down.

I always recommend my SVG Severe Gear 75W-90 for the rear. For $3.00 extra per qt over my other lube, that will last you several changes, I can't see why not.

I also recommend our EA15K12 filter to complete the package.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Tried sending Bob an email for another order and didn't get a response after a week (which is highly unusual for Bob). Turns out his email/website is down (the "amsoil4you" one). I called him at Amsoil Bob phone # 1-877-356-6099 and he picked up right away and placed my order. Thought I would share in case anyone else is trying to reach Bob for your fall oil change and not getting a reply. Thanks Bob!
BigDaddy and WingnutGordo like this.

1981 yamaha xs400-sold
1984 kawi kdx200-sold
2005 Suzuki C50-written off
2001 Kawi Nomad-sold
2001 Kawi KLR650-fun!
2006 GW lvl III-written off
2012 GW lvl III - awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode