Southern Indiana Ride - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Southern Indiana Ride

Planning on trying to take a trip to southern indiana with the wife. I was thinking to New Albany??? Any suggestions for roads, scenery, eateries, POI for that part of the state? I only know of it from I-65. Have never traveled the back roads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:17 PM

I dont know where your coming from butif your coming south on I-65 and get off at the Columbus exit its south of Indy. Go towards Nashville In. the town is like a little Gatlinburg lots of shops and food. Just before you get into the town Is Hwy 135 if you take it south you will be riding thru some nice hills. It will take you To Salem In and then down to you can take a few different roads to get to New Albany all country roads. When are you planning your trip I live in New Albany and like ridding up to Little Nashville nice ride and nice town. Let me know and maybe we can meet up for coffee.----------------------------Hal

IDMWT #3 U.S. ARMY 74-77
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:54 AM

Garage
Try to hit Vincennes on the way or back. Very historic town and has the Red Skelton museum.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDTWO View Post
I dont know where your coming from butif your coming south on I-65 and get off at the Columbus exit its south of Indy. Go towards Nashville In. the town is like a little Gatlinburg lots of shops and food. Just before you get into the town Is Hwy 135 if you take it south you will be riding thru some nice hills. It will take you To Salem In and then down to you can take a few different roads to get to New Albany all country roads. When are you planning your trip I live in New Albany and like ridding up to Little Nashville nice ride and nice town. Let me know and maybe we can meet up for coffee.----------------------------Hal
Ill be coming from North of Indy. A meet up sounds good. Id like to do it soon. Dont know about this weather. looks like we may have caught a break in the rain. We can meet you in Nashville and follow you to Albany. I was thinking this saturday but since my sons have football, we couldnt leave till noonish. Ill see if that works for my wife and let you know for sure.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

excellent suggestion, thank you!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:40 PM

I'm game, weekends only. My gf has family in Jeffersonville. Currently in the process of seeing what's the deal with my clutch and trying to find someone to help with the front brakes (bleed).

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode