Alabama - Page 3 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 36Likes

post #21 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Athens GWRRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by santini1953 View Post
I lived in Horton a mile from Douglas school until a divorce ! I loved that area , spent 23 yrs. of my life there until the spouse found another man !!
Benny are you a member of the Athens GWRRRA???

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post
Benny are you a member of the Athens GWRRRA???
No i am not a member of the GWRRA ! I don't really care for the little red vest and badges ! lol We would rather just have someone like ourselves that enjoy riding to get together and do the day ride thing without the regimented club hoopla !! I guess to each his own ! I have never aspired to be crowned KING of the group or be married to the Queen , so we do our own thing ! I hope i didn't offend anyone , but the club is just not for us !!

03 Yamaha v- star 1100

96 Goldwing SE

Member # 3561
post #23 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Garage
Ok Alabama gang.....I live in the Falkville / Culman area. I use to live in Albertville...my kids went to school there. I have kin folk in Boaz. So I could be in any of those areas doing a ride. Watch for the RED GL 1500 with Roll Tide written on the rear trunk.

Roll Tide Roll !!!

Darkside Rear Tire: Federal FORMOZA FD2 175/60 R16 82H (GL1500)
Double Darkside-Bridgestone Battlax BT45 130/70/18 Front, Achilles Platinum 195/60/R16 Rear (GL1800)
Darksider # 1147

97 Honda GL1500 SE
2005 Honda GL1800

post #24 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Shoot me a pm when ya are going to be in one of them thar places. LOL
I just might pick up yer lunch
post #25 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Bamaeagle, I have taught school at Albertville for 16 years. May have had one of your children. Shoot me a message when your planning a ride.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #26 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 AM

Garage
Will do dirtdobber and Efinref.....I am out of the country working right now....I am in Africa.....I will be home in 10 days and then I have to work on the wing some.....Once I get it back together I will contact you guys for a ride.

Roll Tide Roll !!!

Darkside Rear Tire: Federal FORMOZA FD2 175/60 R16 82H (GL1500)
Double Darkside-Bridgestone Battlax BT45 130/70/18 Front, Achilles Platinum 195/60/R16 Rear (GL1800)
Darksider # 1147

97 Honda GL1500 SE
2005 Honda GL1800

post #27 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by santini1953 View Post
No i am not a member of the GWRRA ! I don't really care for the little red vest and badges ! lol We would rather just have someone like ourselves that enjoy riding to get together and do the day ride thing without the regimented club hoopla !! I guess to each his own ! I have never aspired to be crowned KING of the group or be married to the Queen , so we do our own thing ! I hope i didn't offend anyone , but the club is just not for us !!
No offense taken. I had the same concerns (contempt prior to investigation) ....... as I went to my first state convention this past weekend and had a good time.

That ritual is not that big of the entire ordeal. You won't find me wearing any of that attire...... as I never dressed like a pirate when I rode a cruiser.

The main thing is that these people ride in group and they make contacts to ride outside of the group. A great bunch of people who just enjoy motorcycling.

Actually, I found the little funny uniforms a little refreshing. More than all of the pirates I have seen at other motorcycle gatherings.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

nwhittemore likes this.

Last edited by LarryinSeattle; 07-26-2011 at 06:37 AM.
post #28 of 191 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Just wondering how many of us on here are from Alabama.... My name is Phil and I got the Northeast Portion covered.
Phillip, nother Bama-Geezer checking in here from Smiths Station, AL (Southeast Central) on US 280/431 between Opelika & Phenix City. Is it Summer yet? Waiting for some warm weather to ride.

Heard you enjoyed the Burger Run to Trenton, GA Saturday. Understand you rode with some of my friends. Hope to meet up with you in the near future.

Jim Jackson - Smiths Station, AL - '12 GL1800 Blk Silver & '11 Ultra Classic Blk - My Week Has 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday.
Broken Trail - Prentice Ritter:
"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Last edited by Jim Jackson; 08-01-2011 at 02:21 PM.
post #29 of 191 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Hello Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
So your the Jim Jackson that stirred the mess I left on the porch.
Wow, you got them moving, I really appreciate it...We had a great time. I rode with the folks from N.
Maybe we will meet up in the future and I can thank you in person.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

Paul Harvey
post #30 of 191 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Hello Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
So your the Jim Jackson that stirred the mess I left on the porch.
Wow, you got them moving, I really appreciate it...We had a great time. I rode with the folks from N.
Maybe we will meet up in the future and I can thank you in person.
Hey Phil, glad you had a cool time with the N-Group. They have some very nice folks in the N-Group. Sorry, your first encounter wasn't as pleasant as it should have been. I believe you hooked up with one of the........less social skilled person. Glad you found the fun. I expect to be at the North AL Picnic Aug 13, if you attend........I look forward to pumping your paw.

Jim Jackson - Smiths Station, AL - '12 GL1800 Blk Silver & '11 Ultra Classic Blk - My Week Has 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday.
Broken Trail - Prentice Ritter:
"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode