Alabama - Page 15 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 30Likes

post #141 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:14 PM
gizmo97
Edited post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post
Silverwing, I am always watching this thread. I started it after all.
Remember that I'm just an hour South of the Rocket City.
We are considering a breakfast in Tuscaloosa in May on this thread.
https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums...east+breakfast

In July THEY are doing an Epic MeetnGreet in Cody, Wyoming.I will try to make it to New Mexico but probably I wont get there either.

Welcome to forum. You are more than welcome to join in.

speedymph1000 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo97 View Post
Are you poking me because I didn't make the breakfast OR Cody....well neither did he. So

I still started this thread.
speedymph1000 and gizmo97 like this.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey

Last edited by EFINREF; 06-29-2015 at 08:22 PM.
post #143 of 189 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Garage
Hey Phil , Frankie here , southeast Al. 100 miles south of Montgomery and a 100 miles north of Panama City Fl.

post #144 of 189 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fd08wing View Post
Hey Phil , Frankie here , southeast Al. 100 miles south of Montgomery and a 100 miles north of Panama City Fl.
Welcome Frankie. I'm just a little west of Alabama. Hope we can get a meet up going soon.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #145 of 189 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fd08wing View Post
Hey Frankie, I plan on making an overnight ride to PC the last week of this month. Probably running right by you. Welcome to the site....You will love it.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #146 of 189 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 07:35 AM

I wish I could go at the end of the month as well, I unfortunately have prior obligations that will have me in warner robins Georgia. The wife wants to take a ride to the beach before the year is out though.
crownfire likes this.

Nothing rides quite like a Goldwing...
2012 GL 1800 level 2 Audio/Comfort/Navi/XM (ultra blue metallic)
1987 GL 1200 Aspencade (wine berry) sold

IDMWT Club Member#45

The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.- Paul "Bear" Bryant
~Be allergic to average!~
post #147 of 189 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 01:14 PM

Sand Mountain here
post #148 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 03:17 PM

My wife is FROM Mobile. I lived there 9 years, that is where we met. Now we live between Louisiana (try being a Bama fan in Baton Rouge!!!!) and our cabin in Western North Carolina.
post #149 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 06:16 PM

New to this forum. Already a member of goldwingfacts.com and classicgoldwings.com from Jasper Alabama 45 mins north west of Birmingham.

1987 gl1200 Aspencade
1997 gl1500 SE (current project)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
post #150 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
No offense taken. I had the same concerns (contempt prior to investigation) ....... as I went to my first state convention this past weekend and had a good time.

That ritual is not that big of the entire ordeal. You won't find me wearing any of that attire...... as I never dressed like a pirate when I rode a cruiser.

The main thing is that these people ride in group and they make contacts to ride outside of the group. A great bunch of people who just enjoy motorcycling.

Actually, I found the little funny uniforms a little refreshing. More than all of the pirates I have seen at other motorcycle gatherings.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.
I am a gwrra member as well and let me tell you that membership fee is peanuts when they come to your aid. I recently took a trip from Jasper Al. To Daytona Beach and my father broke down after a 400 mile night (left after work) when we parked everything was golden perfect night ride. Got up the next morning and went to leave the hotel and dads rearend implodes. Contacted the local chapter and they had a man to us in 30 minutes with a trailer willing to haul us anywhere we needed to go(beat the hell out of a tow bill). Man hauled dads bike 87 miles to the nearest UHaul store with a truck big enough for a goldwing. Since we were using it as a tow vehicle our membership covered the 475 dollar rental and we proceeded to Daytona. Found a shop down there to replace the rearend and once again out membership helped they waved the installation fee and just charged us $120.00 for the rearend they installed. We finally get out bikes back on the road to enjoy our trip and i go 130 miles and boom my rear valvestem breaks off at 73mph . Call a tow truck and since nationwide towing is one of the benefits of joining the GWRRA i was hauled to a shop and had a new tire installed for the same price i could have gotten the valve stem replaced Thanks to my GWRRA Membership. Before you knock the GWRRA look at the benefits and you do not have to join a chapter or ride their rides. It has been nothing short of an absolute blessing for my family as they cover not only all 5 of our bikes but also our personal vehicles as well all for $90 dollars a yr like i said thats peanuts compared to one tow bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode