Honda Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - 80 GL1100i Carb repair
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
TerraKacher

80 GL1100i Carb sync, Need Help

From my last report, I lost one of the pins that the float hinges on. But after a thorough cleaning and a fine tooothed comb I found the pin.... Happy Days!

So I installed the carb on the bike, hooked up all the cables and lines. Tighten down all the clamps and bolts. Cranked it up and .... IT RUNS. Quick grab the snyc gauges and lets check it out. I was like a happy boy who got his first kiss!

Wait, no no no....

Whats up with #1? I checked all the rubber tubing from the manifold to the gauges, check. I tried switching gauges it did the same thing on the other gauge. I took the four gauges into my shop and using a vacume I check all four to makes sure they worked, and they do. All the same. I reconnected the sync gauges back up to the bike and started it. Still same issue on #1. I took my screwdriver and checked the clamps around the intake boots. clamps were tight.

While the bike was running, I sprayed some clutch cleaner spray all over the carb, no change in RPM's.

I tried adjusting the little screw up and down and no change in RPM's.

I did a compression check on all four and it came out good, all four.
Now the only thing I haven't done is adjust the valves. Could it be a bad exhaust valve? or out of adjustment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guages-1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	264865  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome