Honda Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - The rest of the Story
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Ron Robertson
Lifetime Premium

The rest of the Story

Some of you might remember back in May I took a fall and banged up my fight shoulder. There was more to the story that I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure where it was going at the time. Now we know so here it is.
During the CT scan to look at my shoulder they noticed spots on my liver, that started the search. With out all the details they found the source of the problem which is a growth in my Colon that had started to spread, the good news so far it's only too the liver. So as the nurse in the ER said the fall that injured my shoulder was a Blessing in that we found this thing in it's fairly early stage.
So Tomorrow, I start my Chemotherapy treatment. I've had the chemo port install in my chest, the treatment consists of a three med cocktail that is administered through the port in my chest over a 46 hour period. Good part is I don't have stay in the hospital, they hook a bag with the meds in it up to the port and send me home, I come back in two days and they remove the bag, and I free for two weeks and we repeat the process every two weeks for the next 6 months. And hopefully the stuff goes into remission.
So now you Know.

From the Northwest Corner
Ron
The Land of Tall mountains
IDMWT #5

Last edited by Ron Robertson; 07-30-2019 at 11:15 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome