Honda Goldwing Forum banner

HiGuys

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Special Wing 
#1 ·
I'm new to the Goldwing scene but not to biking, I'm English, 71 years young and live in the north of France, always wanted a wing and thought what the heck,you can't bang on the inside of your coffin and shout 'ang on I didn't get my wing yet so I bought a 1995 1500 Aspencade. I have to admit it's a bit heavy having ridden a Spyder for 3 years so I'm saving up for a Landin Gear, be grateful if anyone knows where there's a used Landin Gear going.

I'm a self cofessed mechanic having never in my lifetaken a bike to be repaired, always sorted it myself, also a retired electronics service engineer, so I hope to be an asset to this site.

Best Regards
Alex (aged bike man)

#6 ·
Welcome Alex,. With your experience you should be fine, the 1500's are enclosed in tupperware but once opened up they are fairly straight forward to work on. We have lots of 1500 knowledged members so ask away if run into a roadblock. North France should be great for tootling around on your new "couch".

Reactions: agedbikeman
#11 ·
Welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania..

#13 ·
Welcome from Tennessee. Great quote on “can’t bang on coffin....”.

Slow speed maneuvering keeps you on your toes. I was leaning a little to the right, front wheel turned a little left and I was kicking kickstand up on slight incline that made me grab too much front break.....it was all I could do to keep it from going over to right. I pulled away still thinking Dang you almost dropped the big girl. (Will be 67 this month?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.