Track Bike - Page 25 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 141Likes

post #241 of 252 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Looking pretty racy there. Condolences on the loss of your friend.
budoka likes this.

Friends don't let friends do stupid stuff (alone)
2003 GL1800, 1978 Kawasaki KZ650(needs restoring)

"Glory Days"

Jim King, Beartooth Clan member, IDMWT #89, 2018 Beer Cap Champ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 252 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Well, now that I have the RC51 in the shop, it's time to start the teardown. Looking at my rear shoe, it's likely a good thing the last track day was cancelled. Right down to the wear bars on the right half of the tread, and the left side isn't far off either. Pressures were spot on for the conditions I ran this year and the tire was shedding nice big gooey chunks of rubber. No tearing of any sort and I think the suspension tweaks made a difference in handling. Much better feedback especially in the wet. If my Mitas tires are half as good as the Battlax's were I'm a happy camper. Looking forward to having my forks redone by Mike at Dan Kyle Racing, and I may redo the brakes. Might go to wave rotors (shave a couple pounds of un-sprung weight) and new pads, but new pads for sure are in order. Would like a lightweight Shorai lithium battery too but that's some hefty coin on an as yet untried piece of kit for this neck of the woods. Need a different maintenance/charging system for those batteries too so. Then comes the fun stuff...safety wiring the rotor bolts and other fasteners. Time to break some drill bits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181024_095741.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	259099   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181024_095750.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	259101   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181024_095727.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	259103  

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #243 of 252 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:13 PM

You will both be happier
My brother had a 600RR and it was a waste of a bike on the highway
Let me know when you go to Houston
My brother lives there and goes to the races every year
Enjoy

Every day is a good day ......some are just gooder than others

post #244 of 252 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
I will do that for sure! My only experience with live racing was the CSBK in 2015 and that was a real eye opener...I can only imagine seeing Marquez, Rossi, Dovisioso, Crutchlow and all the rest plying their trade up close.

[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #245 of 252 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Rennie, is your brother in Huston or Austin? We're staying downtown at the Omni (Austin), part of our package. We have seating in turn 15 Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus paddock passes. Apparently there are autograph signings on Friday later in the day. Would love to get Marquez to sign my HardNox cap (or anyone for that matter). One of my track pals is going with his father, and I have an online friend (whom I've never actually met) and her beau who we'll try and meet up with as well. Getting pretty stoked over it now.

Daryl
post #246 of 252 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Well, the HardNox gang is definitely not going to be at Castrol this season. Area 27 in south central BC is just too far for me to get to for a one or two day event, it's a two day drive in the big rig each way, so that means a full week off to get in on the fun. Looks like I'll save some money as I don't have any real need to revamp the forks now. I'll get the new tires on and maybe some minor tidying up of some things, but I can't justify spending much $$ if I can't actually ride it. Maybe some safety wire and such if I feel like breaking lots of drill bits...
It's a kick in the arse but the crew is adamant and not going to cave in like the EMRA did, and I can't bring myself to be disloyal to all my Hx family. Just too bad that all three of the groups couldn't stick together to put pressure on the track operators. My race instructor isn't going to run out there either and I have told him I support his decision along with Hx. He may take the season totally off to spend time with his family, gotta admire that.

Daryl
post #247 of 252 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Safety 1st big guy. Racing always has enough danger when on a safe track, there is no reason to compound the danger.

NREMTP likes this.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91

Last edited by fossil92; 01-25-2019 at 03:23 PM.
post #248 of 252 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
well, we're just a tad over a week away from heading to Texas. Dayum I'm stoked. Much as I want to be at Area 27 in southern BC I can't justify the trip (15 hours each way) and 5 days off work. I only need to take 3 holiday days for the MotoGP and the chance to see the best of the best is just so worth it. Then maybe, just maybe I can convince herself to go to the TT at IOM one day soon. That is the Holy Grail of m/c racing.
fossil92 likes this.

Daryl
post #249 of 252 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
well, we're just a tad over a week away from heading to Texas. Dayum I'm stoked. Much as I want to be at Area 27 in southern BC I can't justify the trip (15 hours each way) and 5 days off work. I only need to take 3 holiday days for the MotoGP and the chance to see the best of the best is just so worth it. Then maybe, just maybe I can convince herself to go to the TT at IOM one day soon. That is the Holy Grail of m/c racing.
After all this moving thing is behind me and we're settled, I think you and I ought to consider a joint trip with the gals. You and me work in a trip to the races, we send the girls either to England and places or maybe the girls go to Paris or something.......

Ok I guess a body can dream too.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #250 of 252 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Yeah or maybe it's just a guy thing....like that would fly LOL

Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode