Track Bike - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 158Likes

post #11 of 273 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Looking sweet my man. Keep up the great work.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 273 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
After talking with an RC owner in the UK (transplant Ireland buddy) the darn wire harness connectors operate exactly the opposite of what I expected, Jeez Louise. The p/o had an alarm wired into the bike and the wiring is a rat's nest, dunno what I'm gonna do with that crap....

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #13 of 273 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 02:21 PM

Garage
Most track day events want you to tape or remove and glass. safety wire your oil filter and drain plug. You put a big hose clamp around the filter and safety wire to something close by.Drill a hole through two of the drain plug flats and wire it to something close by. you'll want to unplug you front light and rear,you doesn't them lighting up when tape or other stuff is covering it. I zipped tied the wires out of the way and behind the bodywork,never cut the harness.
The bodywork was in great shape on my ZX6 so I went to ebay and bought some rashed up stuff and ran it. Keep your high dollar stuff at the house.
Bring plenty of gas you'll burn through it way faster then you think!!
I took lots of water and food.

2015 Anniversary Edition 1800 Red n Black

Barry

post #14 of 273 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
In the "novice" class things are pretty loosey goosey. Long as the bike has engine ice or other non-glycol coolant and is in proper mechanical shape, it's good to go. Mirrors removed or folded back (lenses taped if folded as well as other glass parts taped) other than that no restrictions. Leather race suits are preferred but textile with armor are acceptable in novice; race leathers mandatory in 1 & 2 though. Class 1 & 2 are far more stringent, pretty much all dedicated race prepped bikes there and detailed inspections on race days, but not so much on recreational track outings. No lap timers on rec days either, but some guys have the electronic timers on their bikes. I'm a long ways from there (if ever). I just get the rush of being able to run my SP the way it was intended to be used.

current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #15 of 273 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
So starting Wednesday evening I load the SP into the back of the hauler and put in the fuel cans, gen-set and compressor/tools paddock stand etc. Heading in to the track mid day Saturday and talk to the gang as well as get set up for Sunday's sessions. Weather forecast is a bit iffy but hopefully it turns out ok.
fossil92 likes this.

Daryl
post #16 of 273 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 PM

Good luck! That is certainly on my list too. I've been drooling over a 2014 HRC 1000RR SP that is at my local dealership. Purdee bike!

Anyway - look forward to seeing the pictures and living vicariously through you!

Have fun!

2014 GL1800 Red Comfort / Nav / ABS
GWRRA # 380678
IBA # 66898
IDMWT # 72 (3X on my first day - just to make sure I'm doin' it right!)
post #17 of 273 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Best of luck RB, spent many a day sitting in the back of the trailer waiting on the raindrops to stop. Still had to go, could have been just cloudy. Hopefully you will get the day in.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #18 of 273 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmengel View Post
Good luck! That is certainly on my list too. I've been drooling over a 2014 HRC 1000RR SP that is at my local dealership. Purdee bike!

Anyway - look forward to seeing the pictures and living vicariously through you!

Have fun!
After reading on how Accelerated Tech did the build up on the CSBK SP for Jodi Christie there's a lot left inside that stock SP left to be unleashed. Not so much for hp as much as the chassis but there's a bunch of ponies left unbridled in the engine too.
Is that the HRC colours model you're drooling over? They're just sick. There's a story about that one from the bike show a couple years back, but I won't share it here LOL. A good friend of mine at Honda Canada might not appreciate it.

Daryl
post #19 of 273 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
After reading on how Accelerated Tech did the build up on the CSBK SP for Jodi Christie there's a lot left inside that stock SP left to be unleashed. Not so much for hp as much as the chassis but there's a bunch of ponies left unbridled in the engine too.
Is that the HRC colours model you're drooling over? They're just sick. There's a story about that one from the bike show a couple years back, but I won't share it here LOL. A good friend of mine at Honda Canada might not appreciate it.
That red, white and blue color scheme plus the gold wheels gets my pulse racing! Of course, when / if I'm blessed enough to take possesion of her, one of the first things I'll do is get some used skins for it to swap out for the new ones. Sigh - some day. Then I'll need the trailer, stands, yada, yada, yada. Don't have room or budget yet for all that. I will one day, though! I know it.

In the meantime, I'll get as much training as I can at things like CornerSpin (right up the road from me) to learn and practice. I'm looking forward to the day I can drag a knee / elbow / etc. through a corner and come out SCREAMIN' fast with the front tire slightly lifted. Hot dog! Might need a new helmet after that happens as the grin on my face might split the old one right in half!

GWRRA # 380678
IBA # 66898
post #20 of 273 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 03:17 PM

This is the ONE!

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/de...SP_1309961.jpg

And THIS is what wanna do someday!:

http://i1.wp.com/www.asphaltandrubbe...00RR-SP-16.jpg

GWRRA # 380678
IBA # 66898

Last edited by cpmengel; 08-17-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode