Test drove a BMW 1600 GTL and a Indian Roadmaster all in one day! - Page 4 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 1Likes
Closed Thread

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Barry has an excellent post. Many of the upgrades will give what most of us agree should be on the Wing from the get go.
However I have to make one remark regarding changing exhaust for more power. An exhaust upgrade will not significantly increase hp on any machine, bike or otherwise. You may get a small bump in one sector of the rpm range, but you'll lose it in another. Induction, mapping, valving, cam rates, ignition timing, pistons the list is endless as is the money...all are needed if you want anything significant (so that you can feel and read it on a dyno test) increase wise. Coming from one who has aftermarket exhaust on both my bikes, it isn't performance I sought, but an intangible visceral (for me) improvement. It's called sound, and it stirreth my soul.
Budoka - I bought my first GW this year after riding Harley's for the past several years. My wife says our new GW is too [email protected]#n quiet. I know it's not possible to make our GW sound like a HD, but what can I do to stirreth our souls? Thanks.

"The journey is never a direct route; it is circuitous, and somewhere along the way, we discover that the journey is more significant than the destination, and the people we meet will be traveling companions of our memories forever." N. Demille
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 05:02 PM

Garage
I've been drooling over that smoking hot K1600. Those guys replace the stock shocks in 20 or 30k. Your stock rear suspension isn't the way it used to be after 40k miles. You might see noticeable improvement by just renewing stock. You don't notice it as it slowly degrades.

I changed my 1500 to Progressive last year, seems OK. I can't see spending thousands on a touring bike suspension. It ain't moto GP.
keller123 likes this.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
I've been drooling over that smoking hot K1600. Those guys replace the stock shocks in 20 or 30k. Your stock rear suspension isn't the way it used to be after 40k miles. You might see noticeable improvement by just renewing stock. You don't notice it as it slowly degrades.

I changed my 1500 to Progressive last year, seems OK. I can't see spending thousands on a touring bike suspension. It ain't moto GP.
I'm actually fine with my ride now since I put a car tire on the rear

"give away what you want to receive!" Rich Dad Poor Dad Rule Number 10

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoIron View Post
Budoka - I bought my first GW this year after riding Harley's for the past several years. My wife says our new GW is too [email protected]#n quiet. I know it's not possible to make our GW sound like a HD, but what can I do to stirreth our souls? Thanks.
Torquemaster, Vance & Hines and Cobra all make exhaust systems for Goldwings. I have TM Kingsnakes on mine with dual baffles and they're just right for me, single was a tad loud IMO. V&H are really nice and sound good too. The Cobra 6 packs might be a bit raunchy for most people's tastes and the subtle charisma of the Goldwing. F6B or Valkyrie sure but not he full dresser. They'd make that boxer 6 sound like a wound out Porsche.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Torquemaster, Vance & Hines and Cobra all make exhaust systems for Goldwings. I have TM Kingsnakes on mine with dual baffles and they're just right for me, single was a tad loud IMO. V&H are really nice and sound good too. The Cobra 6 packs might be a bit raunchy for most people's tastes and the subtle charisma of the Goldwing. F6B or Valkyrie sure but not he full dresser. They'd make that boxer 6 sound like a wound out Porsche.

Thanks Budoka.

"The journey is never a direct route; it is circuitous, and somewhere along the way, we discover that the journey is more significant than the destination, and the people we meet will be traveling companions of our memories forever." N. Demille
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode