Arizona Adventure Ride - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Arizona Adventure Ride

Heading out in two days to do the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route with a friend who has a BMW R1200GS. We will begin down near the Mexican border and end up in Page, Arizona a week later. Unfortunately it looks like temperatures in the southern part of the state will be 10 to 15 degrees above normal when we start. Most of the 758 miles will be on dirt, mostly county roads and forest service roads with some two track thrown into the mix. Some of the vigorous rains the last month could mean some impassable washouts along the way which could result in back tracking to highways to get around them.

Then in a month and a half will be taking off with my son and son-in-law on our "Sioux" Trip ending up at the Little Bighorn battlefield. This trip of course will be on the Goldwing which should be a lot less strenuous. My son will be on his 2012 Ducati Multistrada while the son-in-law is still looking for a used Goldwing for his ride, he had better hurry. Anybody know of a good used Wing in and around the Denver area let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KTM 1290 4-19-2019-01.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	262169  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Garage
Sounds like two great trips. Sorry, a couple weeks ago when I was in Denver it was more like snow thrower season...

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode