Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New member from lansing

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  NREMTP 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm bob from lansing mi. I have been a bike guy since I was 10 or 11. I'm 60 now so its been a wile. I just finish a resto on a friends 1971 sl 350 so it's time to start my next personal project. I bought a 80 gl1100I in Nov. Its been sitting outside uncovered for 16yrs so I have some work on this 1. I love orphans! I couldn't stand the thought of it being scraped. Going mild custom slash bobber. No rules just have fun. The key word is salvage. I paid $200 for it and when done I hope to have no more than $1500 into it. It should still produce good compression after I go thru the heads. Less than 47000 on the ticker. Here are some picks of my oldwing and the sl I just finished.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Good luck with the project. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

#6 ·
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

#10 ·
Welcome to you from an ex-Michigander. I grew up in Detroit, got my first bike in college - a 1968 BSA Thunderbolt. Wish I still had that bike.

Nice restore and great project bike. Please keep us up with your progress with plenty of pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.