When: May 24, 25, 26
Accommodations: The Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
GWOF Group Rates:
(double or king rooms)
FRI & Sat $134.99 + tax (per night)
SUN $76.49 + tax
Check-in: 5:00 pm; check-out 11:00 a
Cancellation: 72 hours in advance
Reservations: 1 828 898-4571; must ask for GWOF group rate PRIOR TO MAY 01. Twenty rooms being held, which open to the back parking lot, similar to the motel set up at the Marietta, OH M&G.
Amenities: Full hot breakfast buffet bar daily from 7-10 am.
Ride Captain:Mark Jamison (Crownfire)

List of those attending (reservations):
George & Norma Henderson NC
Tom & Blanca Lerch ( TAL) TX
Mark Jamison (Crownfire) MS
Bill & Janice Johnston (fossil92) PA
Eddie (Jinx) PA
Dave (Superdave) PA
Alan & Carol Wimsatt (alwims) MO
Mark & Elaine Rondina (W1ngin1t) VA
Phil Mosley (EFINREF) AL :deal:
JKWinger & Beautiful Wife UT
Bill & Laura Mills (BMills) TX
jcsouders VA
Lee Dziuk (Chopin) VA
Bill & Jean Donnell GA (Harley friends of the Hendersons)
William Smith (Detdrbuzzard) MI
Lou (Temple) TN
Rich & Maura NY (Harley friends of :smile2:the Rondinas)
Pete & Pat Becker (winginpete) KY
Steve & Angie Becker (Ralphhumor) KY
David Schroerlucke +1 (F6Rider) KY
Charlie & Cindy Franklin (Two Wheel Wing) PA
Bob & Kathi Plant (NREMTP) IL *red ink
Bigdealwriter NC
Ken Knott (1stWing@51) MS
Rick & Ann Byrum (RickLB) SC (GL1800riders)
Ralph Ringo(Madrussian) &Vladimir GA
Ivan, Madrussian’s friend
823Jim & brother, MI
BMills’ Harley cousin & wife, Dwayne & Elaine, TX
Terry Cooper (HALLCT) OK

“Pencilled In”:
:frown2:
Dan & DebbBowman ( Scooter01) TX

See less See more
#265 ·
Your right Alan, health does come first. We will miss you. Ride safe, even if it's short rides.

Reactions: alwims
#269 ·
I've been thinking I might just defy the Doctor and come anyway, but I took a short 200-mile trip on the wing today and may just heed his warning. We are still considering coming in the car or trailering the wing, but if we do we'll probably be camping because of the extra fuel expense, so if anyone wants our room at the motel, let me know soon. Either way, Carol can help drive that way, but time will tell. I've got to make a 250 mile round trip in the car next week so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck. After missing Cody because of Carol breaking her leg, we really don't want to miss this one.

#270 ·
Alan, sure sorry to hear about your health problems. Take care of yourself and if you make it great! If not we will hoist an adult beverage in salute for you.

Reactions: George Henderson
#272 ·
Yet another one I will miss , I'll be there in spirit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#276 ·
Looking at the ride George had me plan for Saturday I realized that RayJ and I just rode some of it last week. The part around Roan Mountain is pretty spectacular.
https://goo.gl/maps/iHfVXg1A6Ar3sTgc9

This is a four hour ride so we should have time to make some stops along the way. The pictures are a preview of some of the roads.

Lunch should be around Little Switzerland along the Parkway. Anyone have a suggestion of the best place? I see Chalet Restaurant, Switzerland Café, or Mountain View Restaurant.

Another idea for Sunday would be a CAT ride to Linville Falls.
https://goo.gl/maps/v8CN8ziqpJxK3qrXA

Afterwards I'm thinking of riding up to Boone for an adult beverage and lunch. There just happen to be a few breweries there.

Attachments

#277 ·
One of the people on the Incident Command Team I am rostered with is the Superintendent of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I let him know we would be on his Parkway and he may ride along with us one of the days. He has a Yamaha Stratoliner. I was hoping for a "get out of jail free" pass for speeding on the Parkway, but if he is along it would be tough to get pulled over.

Reactions: Two Wheel Wing
#281 ·
I've never been on the Blue Ridge Parkway below Waynesboro , VA./QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe you have never been on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
https://goo.gl/maps/n16ZK5dLinLYtaTn9

He guys, sorry I have been on the sidelines but I am having hip surgery on June 10 and it cannot come quick enough. I’ll have to catch the next one. I’ll live vicariously through this thread. -brian sheffer
Sorry to hear that. Hope the surgery goes well and you get back on the bike soon.

#284 ·
Alan, do you think you'll be able to work your way back to those longer rides?

Brian, stay positive. That hip replacement amazed me. That the surgeon opened a hole that big, did all the stuff he'll the cutting and sawing, and I could walk that afternoon without....WOW!!!. And no problems with it since.

#286 ·
I plan on being at the M & G in NC
Finally sold our house out in Beaver county and a full time resident in Edmond, OK, moving sucks.
I may be riding with Bill and Laura and also with Terry from south Houston to the meet and greet.
Been a long time since i have been on here.

#289 ·
Correct Ralph.lol

Reactions: Madrussian
#291 ·
#300 ·
To Bill and Janice, my ridding buddies, my daughter Cindy and I will miss you both immensely. :crying:

The M&G will not be the same without you but I understand. Have a nice time next weekend on your getaway trip..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.