Honda Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - VTX and Wing
Thread: VTX and Wing
View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 10:24 PM
TmDILL

My 2001 GL1800 was run over by a woman and the tow truck driver dropped it off his truck. This was in Oct 2004. So, I bought a 2006 VTX1300 and loved it. Was contemplating putting an auto style cruise control on it and was really into that bike. Then my son-in-law came home with a 2008 Harley Sportster and that bike had more get up and go and that got me to thinking about a Sportster, so I bought a new 2012 and sold the VTX. But that sportster was a vibrator on wheels and on the long haul was tiring. So, a couple years later a friend went overseas and left me his GL1800 which I rode a few time but didn't want to take chances with his great bike, so I bought another Harley Dyna Low Rider, 103 eng. (1680cc), great bike but I totaled it last summer. But loving that GL just got me to shopping around for my own while I was still on crutches and in therapy learning to walk all over again. My 2005 is just great but, I still would like to have that VTX back. Having two bikes in the garage is an endeavor to dream about.

Terry Dill of San Antonio

It's not the destination, but the getting there.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome