Honda Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1800 FI Codes
Thread: GL1800 FI Codes
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 07:59 AM
Dwarven1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techdude2000 View Post
Find the wires where the side stand switch is or used to be. If the switch is still there, you have to wait until the FI light is on, stop and put it in neutral, then move the switch clockwise until the ďSĒ on the dash lights and the FI light should start blinking the code in long and short blinks. Long blink =10, short blink = 1. If the switch is gone, then disconnect the green wire from the green/white wire and then connect the green wire to the yellow/black wire. This will simulate the side stand in the down position and the FI light should flash the code. If you turn off the key before doing this procedure, the ECM may forget the code and it wonít flash the light, so donít turn off the key until you get the code.
Thanks! It went away for a couple of days, so I was thinking it might have just been the heavy rain... but on a warm sunny day, it came back on the long run from St. Agatha ME to Saint John, NB. I'll probably wait until I get home and see if it recurs before trying to read it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2003 GL1800 Motor Trike - "Canth"
2002 V-Star - "Raven"

Past Master, Franklin Lodge AF&AM Grafton MA
Member Libanus Lodge #47, Bristol VT
Widows Sons VT - Charter Member
Lugeless Pavement Racers - Member #6
IDMWT #67
NRA Certified Instructor
Appleseed Instructor
FFL - Lonely Mountain Arms, Starksboro, VT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome