Anybody have aftermarket exhausts? - Honda Goldwing Forums
 19Likes

post #1 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Anybody have aftermarket exhausts?

I don't want a loud bike but I'd like to be able to hear the engine some. Anybody had good luck, or bad luck, with any aftermarket exhausts?
1cutman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Got Motad stainless steel on my 1500 and they sound great. Bit of noise but not too much that makes grannies want to jump with fright. Just fitted the S/S frontpipes as well a few months ago as I blew through the pipes that were fitted. To rusty to weld so bit the bullet. Got them online 50 cheaper than my local dealer could supply the same pipes for.
post #3 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I've got the GL1800. I'm faced with either Cobra, Torq Master or one other brand. They all seem to sound about the same on the internet but would like to hear some in person. Don't know about the quality of each either. I just don't want my motorcycle to be quieter than my car . . .

post #4 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Exhaust mod

I have a 93 Gl1500 ,love the bike but was wanting a bit more sound.In an experiment I ground off the rivets holding the restrictive stock turndowns in the mufflers and fired the bike.Sounds like a Ferrari.After I decided to keep things that way I trimmed the remaining pipe flush with the muffler end and had 4" chrome dumps bumped up slightly to slip over the weld on the muffler end and welded the with my MIG on the inside so the weld isn't visible.I've had many compliments on the modification and the sound difference.If anyone would like pics of the finished product flip me your email and I'll send them off.
post #5 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to Sempai Send a message via Yahoo to Sempai
Send me some pix!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewey View Post
If anyone would like pics of the finished product flip me your email and I'll send them off.
Would love to see your finished project, [email protected] . I've got a '94 SE, it has TorqueMasters on it at the moment...but I'm considering modifying the pipes to accept a set of these:

Keep the rubber side down!!
post #6 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 PM

I'd love to see a picture. E-mail address is [email protected]
post #7 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

my 1200 makes way more noise than my 1500 and no i don't want more noise it's annoying on long rides

'75cb750k '05sunL 70
'79cb750f '93 gl1500 se
'79 super K '85 cb450 sc
'11 GSA
'06 mighty ST1300a

~ william ~
IDMWt #13
ama
GWOF iba with timS #03
iba 58509
mile eater
hat
moa
post #8 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 AM

Hello, I too would like to see the mod, alway looking for ways to improve

[email protected]
Thank you

Here today gone tomorrow,
Ride all you can
post #9 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GARider View Post
I don't want a loud bike but I'd like to be able to hear the engine some. Anybody had good luck, or bad luck, with any aftermarket exhausts?
I almost got stuck with that one too. Some buddies on another forum made me realize I was listening to my riding pals (mostly HD's) and looking more to their tastes rather than my own. Riding Japanese is never going to win in that circle anyway, no matter what it actually is; some tolerate but most will (not openly usually) ridicule somehow. I can see the allure in making a 'strong silent type' GL shriek like a Porsche 959 with the tap wide open (I had a custom cruiser with shotguns) under certain conditions. The Torquemaster Exotics with a set of Torque Tuubs would do it but it's not really what a Goldwing is about. But let's see, there are removeable quiet baffles (+2db over stock) for when the Mrs. is aboard....hmmm

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #10 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 AM

exhaust "noise"

Interesting topic, I have owned my goldwing for a month now. It is a 2006 model year with Torq master exhaust installed by the dealer.
I find at crusing speeds the harmonic resonance is bothersome and gives me a headache on longer rides. I am considering going back to stock. I picked the goldwing for a comfortable cruze. This exhause is just not enjoyable to me. This is my first day on the forum, I came here looking for this topic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode