Anybody have aftermarket exhausts? - Page 7 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 19Likes

post #61 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Garage
In my e-mails with Jimmy, he said that there is a set of extra quiet baffles that he can supply for around $40-50 if memory serves. I'm seriously looking at either the Kingsnakes or the Daytonas with a set of torqloopz for my bike. Baffles out for when I'm feeling me oats or riding with my HD buddies (Jimmy says it's liable to make the boys pee themselves when I crack the throttle), baffles in for when the Missus is with me. It's just one or two bolts that hold them in as far as I know. The pipes are far less weight than stock too, and the loopz takes the catalytic converter out of the system so even less weight and backpressure = more powa and better throttle response. Might even get better mileage if I can keep the revs down. Beautiful thing is, I can always remove the loopz and re-install the cat if it's too loud or I'm heading into California. Going to hang on to my stock pipes too.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:30 AM

I have had 3 wings and one was purchased with different pipes. I prefer the stock quiet pipes myself. I also have a loud V-twin bike but as another poster stated, the quiet is nice on long rides or multi-day rides. Loud is OK if you are bar hopping with a group but wings usually don't do the local bar hop very well !!!
post #63 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Garage
Ok, so I'm gonna drop the hammer on this but I'm gonna take it one step at a time. I got my tax refund yesterday (woohoo!) so I'm ordering my Kingsnakes today, along with the extra baffles in case the war dept thinks they're too loud. Holding off on the torq loopz for now but still considering them for later. Going to change the passenger footboards at the same time, so that they all match (Kuryakin) since the stock ones look so goofy beside the shiny Kury's.

current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl

post #64 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM

I finally did call and speak with "Jimmy". Extremely helpful guy. I recommend him just from talking to him.

Now the downside ... they are not his pipes. His measure 3 7/8's inside diameter and these are 3 3/8's inside diameter. Is there anyone with that size pipes that can send me in another direction ? Also from the current baffle to the end of the exhaust there is just a shade over two inches of room. Doesn't seem like enough for another baffle.

He also gave me a web address that doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help ??
GL1500riders.org
I tried it with "www" and without but got nothing.

Last edited by LSC9901; 05-27-2010 at 02:19 PM.
post #65 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Garage
That's really a shame. My pipes should be here soon; should be fun

Daryl
post #66 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:50 PM

I may very well end up getting a system from them. He quoted me a price which is far more than a set of baffles but about half the OEM prices. Since I just bought the bike I'm a bit tapped out for cash but we'll see.
post #67 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GARider View Post
I don't want a loud bike but I'd like to be able to hear the engine some. Anybody had good luck, or bad luck, with any aftermarket exhausts?
chromeworld.com has 2 different mufflers to choose from I have the daytona great sound not loud has nice deep mellow sound
post #68 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM

chromeworld.com has 2 different mufflers to choose from I have the daytona great sound not loud has nice deep mellow sound
post #69 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusteeb View Post
I'm basically looking for stock sound but not stock price. In looking through Honda dealers at OEM prices they are close to $600.00. The ones I have are in good shape but just have a deep, mellow, throaty sound that I'm not real interested in. I want the bike to be super quiet.
post #70 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
I'm basically looking for stock sound but not stock price. In looking through Honda dealers at OEM prices they are close to $600.00. The ones I have are in good shape but just have a deep, mellow, throaty sound that I'm not real interested in. I want the bike to be super quiet.
Just make sure you get the right pipes, you don't want to have to rejet the carbs for poor performance.
WA9FWT Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode