Anybody have aftermarket exhausts? - Page 17 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 19Likes

post #161 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 03:44 PM

Garage
I recently installed the Cobra 6x2x6 pipes on my 2015 and really like the sound. I guess it does sound a bit like a Turbo Porsche howling under load. It does drone a bit but I like hearing the engine working now. Seems to have freed up the engine a bit and faster to rev but it could just be the placebo effect I also like the black look of the pipes and how they extend out the back past the bottom of the bags. I'm keeping the stock mufflers incase the novelty wears off. I need a long trip to decide if they are a keeper or not...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing HD.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	254849  

2015 Goldwing ABS

Last edited by DonP.; 05-19-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 05:08 PM

I appreciate you sharing your post, have been disputing concerning exhaust systems. After reading your post it has caused me to have more thought and it has help me with some of my decisions. Is the catalytic converter still on your bike. With the exhaust modifications? Also I must say that is a beautiful bike. Once again thank you for your post
post #163 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 07:10 PM

Garage
Cobra 6x2x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddruffin View Post
I appreciate you sharing your post, have been disputing concerning exhaust systems. After reading your post it has caused me to have more thought and it has help me with some of my decisions. Is the catalytic converter still on your bike. With the exhaust modifications? Also I must say that is a beautiful bike. Once again thank you for your post

Yes, the cats are still there. Thanks!

2015 Goldwing ABS

post #164 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:22 PM

I took the baffles out of my 97 Aspencade (Trike)- expecting a decent sound. Well, too much drone. the exhaust exits UNDER the trunk kit. So I added some fishtail tips- turned them flat, to just barely extend out from under the edge of the bumper- so as to not drag them off on driveways- and voila! the sound is BEHIND me now. Much better. Not perfect.. but cheaper than another $300-500 in SS exhaust parts.
post #165 of 166 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:08 AM

Garage
I have Cobra slip ons and I really like em! Sounds a little meatier now.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Good guys ride black bikes
IDMWT #98
post #166 of 166 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:50 PM

After having the Cobra and the Two Bros Comp Exhaust with the stock cats, the drone is noticeable if you ever road a bike with TL. I went back to stock and after an itch decided to do the black ceramic TL and an all stainless steel Alley Kat exhaust. Now I am happy. Much better without drone resonance at cruising speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode