Anybody have aftermarket exhausts? - Page 15 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 19Likes

post #141 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 04:58 AM

Well when you do I certainly hope you'll make it very public. I bought cobra six into six and I'm somewhat satisfied . are they perfect? no. We will never be able to get the V-twin sound out of the small six . I think the best we can hope for is a rich powerful Porsche sound. It seems there's no way to increase The Air induction, to beef up the cobra six into six a little bit. I've had K&N filters , Just doesn't make that much of a difference. I guess when it comes to the Wing engine , if it isn't broke I should quit trying to fix it.
TwoIron likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Garage
If you want that system to really howl, there's the Torqloopz from Torqmaster (not sure how they'd mate with the Cobra 6's) to really let her loose. I've heard my Kingsnakes without the baffles and she howls like a 959 at Laguna with the tap open. Not for the feint of heart and/or daily riding either though. On a Valk or an F6B...woot woot!
1cutman likes this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #143 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 04:01 PM

I've had two different slip ons on my F6B, and I removed both very quickly because of the overpowering drone at a steady 2.5k-3k rpm cruising. Yes, the mufflers sounded great while accelerating and idling, but the drone was mind numbing.
The pipes were Cobra 6-2-6 and Rush with both 2.0" and 2.25" baffles.
Be prepared for drone unless you use V&H Monster ovals or get rid of the cats and crossover with the Torq-Loopz kit.
1cutman likes this.

post #144 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 09:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA9FWT View Post
I have heard that before that loud mufflers save lives, I'm not so sure about that, but do belive the flashing head lites do.Thats just my better choice. Loud mufflers in my younger days I guess, but not any more. I prefer to just cruise in silence now.
Oh I'm positive on that.

A couple of times I was in the car and go I got changes lanes and I heard a bike but couldn't see it. They were in my blind spot passing me. Had it not been for hearing the exhaust I would have changed lanes.

When I get my wing I'm looking at the two brothers or Rush
post #145 of 169 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 09:54 AM
Lifetime Premium

A responsible bike rider will never ride in a car's blind spot, except for brief moment that he's passing by. Eye contact in the vehicles side mirror is vital if you're not passing. Sound should always come second to sight.
budoka and jcsouders5464 like this.

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
post #146 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:26 PM

Garage
That's the best move Chopin.

I feel that if you have time to pull in the clutch and blip the throttle then why not just lay on the horn and peg the throttle?
Getting out of the way seems like a better move and the horn on my 15 wing sounds like a truck anyway!

2015 Goldwing ABS
post #147 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 03:51 PM

I removed the baffle in my 97 1500 trike.. sound is ok but the DRONE is maddening.. the exhaust dumps under the trike rear end.. anyone added fishtails to their pipes?
post #148 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 03:16 PM

Hi guys,

Does removing the baffles mess the tuning of the carbies on our goldwings....? My father in law has a 1999 shadow and had all kinds of problems with tuning after fitting a set of Vance and Hines pipes.......
post #149 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Garage
Honda cruisers are not fans of aftermarket pipe systems. The carbed bikes need serious re-jetting and the EFI bikes would do very well with a custom fuel map and PCIII or later. Plus, with the engine design and offset crank pins, they don't sound all that great with open pipes either. On the 1500/1800 Wing pipes like Torquemaster or V&H have no issues that I know of as long as the pipes are fully baffled. The 1800 EFI you can put on the Loopz and run one set of baffles only with no burps at all. I've run mine open just to hear it and it was LOUD but kinda sweet for about 10 minutes. I run them with dual baffles in each side and it has some drone on the highway but I don't find it annoying. Not sure what anyone close behind me might think, I never ride behind myself so. Not like a Screaming Eagle 103/110 or bigger though that's for sure. If I ever do get the desire to go "quiet" again, I still have the stock system.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #150 of 169 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Honda cruisers are not fans of aftermarket pipe systems. The carbed bikes need serious re-jetting and the EFI bikes would do very well with a custom fuel map and PCIII or later. Plus, with the engine design and offset crank pins, they don't sound all that great with open pipes either. On the 1500/1800 Wing pipes like Torquemaster or V&H have no issues that I know of as long as the pipes are fully baffled. The 1800 EFI you can put on the Loopz and run one set of baffles only with no burps at all. I've run mine open just to hear it and it was LOUD but kinda sweet for about 10 minutes. I run them with dual baffles in each side and it has some drone on the highway but I don't find it annoying. Not sure what anyone close behind me might think, I never ride behind myself so. Not like a Screaming Eagle 103/110 or bigger though that's for sure. If I ever do get the desire to go "quiet" again, I still have the stock system.
I rode behind you for a few miles last year and your pipes sounded fine. I did not realize they were aftermarket. There is a friend of mine that I will not ride behind because of his straight exhaust.
I suppose that it might be possible that I could have been distracted by the chance to ride with "The Administrator."
fossil92, budoka and jcsouders5464 like this.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode