Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Screen name

121K views 411 replies 210 participants last post by  reddeth 
#1 ·
Okay Taco Bender explained how it happened that he got his Screen name.
I used to race Bultaco M/C's and thats where taco bender comes from hehe.
I was wondering, because mine always crack they never bend.

I saw this done on other sites & posted on a Nighthawk site (so I know where DetDrBuzzard comes from, but I'll let him tell you).

Tell us how you picked your screen name. Even if it is obvious Two Wheel.

I'm Fossil92. Storyline is Sister, Brother-in-law & I started Formula Ford/Continental race team. Team name Fossil my car was #92

Let's hear it boys & girls.

#2 ·
When I had my 02 Orange Gold Wing I used the screen name CALIFORNIA ORANGE, because my bike was orange and I live in Calif. When I sold it and bought my 08 Titanium Gold Wing I didn't California Titanium was a good name and I figured rather than changing my screen name every time I sold my bike I needed something I could use all the time, so now I'm JOE IN CALIF.

Attachments

Reactions: Afghanpilot
#5 ·
Mine should be pretty much self explainatory...

#6 ·
Wow,this is going to be fun! I love hats (except baseball hats) and one of my favorites is a big ol' cowboy hat, kind of Clint Eastwood like. One of my friends instantly called me Poncho and that kind of stuck. Then the little lady saw an episode of The Simpsons which had bikers take over their home. One character was named Ramrod and for some bizarre reason she thought it suited me ! Funny how things come about. Well, lets get more stories.

#7 ·
I 'm enjoying these stories so far but I know there are alot more out there. Come on guys let's hear from all of you.

#9 ·
Mine is probably obvious to some. Budo is the Japanese word for the warrior arts, and ka is the word for student or practitioner. Having been involved in martial arts in one form or another for just about as long as I've been riding motorcycles, and since I am both an active student and instructor, it just made sense to me to use budoka. My studies include Karate, Judo, Aikido, Kendo, Iaido, and traditional Japanese weaponry.:cool: Helps keep me fit and young at heart.

#14 · (Edited)
... HOWDY ... I SURE MISSED THAT NAME ... HAD IT FIGURED AS ...BUD OKLAHOMA... OOPPPS ... HAPPY TRAILS
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to figure out the meaning of our peers names.
I had something else entirely & I'm embarrased to even tell you.

Great thread fossil92.
Thanks Fox I thought it was too the 1st time I saw it. It is kind of comical though that so many of the guys carry over CB handles. It shows that the old farts hang out here, You know youngsters aren't messing with CB's.

Keep them coming Guys!

#19 ·
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to figure out the meaning of our peers names.
I had something else entirely & I'm embarrased to even tell you.

Thanks Fox I thought it was too the 1st time I saw it. It is kind of comical though that so many of the guys carry over CB handles. It shows that the old farts hang out here, You know youngsters aren't messing with CB's.

Keep them coming Guys!
i was ok with this thread till i was considered old because i use a cb handle. at the age of 38 i dont think i am washed up just yet.

#16 · (Edited)
Thought about using my old cb handle too, but "Galloping Alligator" is a tad too long to type all the time. Haven't got the cb on my new wing, but thinking about it. The young 'uns are too busy with their blackberris, and blue tooths etc to consider something as archaic as a cb radio. What's a carrier wave anyway?:eek:
(anyone born after 1970 likely wouldn't know that two way radios have one or heard of it)

Reactions: Limpy45
#18 ·
I see we have a lot of new guys on board. Thought I'd put this back to the top maybe get a few more responses before it disappears into the forum abyss.

#20 ·
Buddy, no one said washed up, If you were washed up you would need to change your name to "full12pk":rolleyes:

#25 ·
Well, glad to know I'm not the only one recycling my CB handle. Years ago was a roadie with touring shows and took the handle because I didn't talk much. When I did was kinda a low slow southern drawl that stood out ('specially across Canada and the Northern US). Try to say little, but can't always keep it under control. Good thread, folks; keep 'em coming! -s

#26 · (Edited)
Mine is a bit involved. Ive had the nick ghost and the screen name ghostrider52005 long before the movie was made and I never knew there was a comic book about it.
I lost my dad, a year later my mom, a year later my wife and my 13 year old son was killed. 6 months later my best friend died of cancer.
I guess my riding concentration suffered, several riding friends back then said I was riding with to many ghost with me and to be careful. After that my pc exploded took it to a guy who knew nothing about me and when I picked it up hed put the ghostrider screensaver on it from a comic book. I asked him why and he said " I have no idea really, you just look like it fits you for some reason."
Ghost stuck with my riding friends after that. the screen name I used because of it. Ghostrider because of the pc guy putting that screen saver on my pc for no reason and june 5th 2005 is when someone shot and killed our son. So Ghostrider52005.
Now years later I dont think there are three people that use my name. Im just Ghost to everyone. Even my wife slips and calls me Ghost quite a bit.

#27 ·
Screen Name

Several years ago while buying cat food at Petsmart, my wife and I spotted a blind kitten at the adoption center. After a brief discussion, we decided to adopt him but was told because he was captured with another stray kitten, they did not want to separate the two. We adopted both and named the blind kitten "Radar", do to his ability to navigate throughout the house (and to his food bowl) using sounds, smells and his memory.

He knows the layout of our home and has no problems navigating unless something is left out of place (shoes, vacuum, etc.) He even climbs and descends several cat "trees" we have in our home with ease. I often refer to him as my boy and hence the name "Radarsdad"

#28 ·
Saw this on the Dropped Wing post, and had to pipe in. And as Fossil suggests, get the story of other new members.

screen name is Whacker, my last name is Talley...you put it together. As a kid it was a way to tease me (kids are so cruel), playing football in HS it was a warning to be afraid, very afraid, cause you were gonna get hit! No hang ups here, they call me Whacker :cool:

#29 ·
Yea that's right newbies chime in here. Inquiring minds want to know your origins.

screen name is Whacker, my last name is Talley...you put it together. As a kid it was a way to tease me (kids are so cruel), playing football in HS it was a warning to be afraid, very afraid, cause you were gonna get hit! No hang ups here, they call me Whacker
It's amazing what we & our elders endured through the years, isn't it. By todays standards that same kid would be placed in a consuling session 3 times a week, probably given some kind of award for showing up to make him "feel good about himself", & then the ones who called him that would be placed in a similar consuling session.

Here we just have "Whacker" with no hang ups. The world is getting soft isn't it? Oh well enough of that soap box. Post your Screen Name Definitions.

#30 ·
Chopin114: Many moons ago I went through a pre- midlife crisis and bought a piano. One of my personal goals was to play Chopin's " Fantasy Impromptu in C#minor ". About this same time broadband internet was arriving and with it came E-mail and the need for a Nom de Plume. It seems that 113 Yahoo members also wanted " Chopin " as their account name before I signed on, so I became Chopin114. Would I like to change the name ? Absolutely. To what ? I don't know. It's a constant reminder of a goal never realized. My E-mail addy is my " Social Security Number " to all my dealings on the WWW. It's not easy being Chopin114. Remember! It's pronounced like " Show Pan ", but " Chop " will do. And now you know the rest of the story. Good day !