Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

200 Rear tire?

7K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  nando 
#1 ·
anyone installed a 200/55 or any 200 on the rear?

How that go?

#3 ·
Chopin,
Someone had a tire vendor link that listed the 200/55 but I can't seem to find the link again.

#6 · (Edited)
#7 ·
I mean motorcycle tires Chopin.

I did a tenure on CT. Great option for touring particularly. After a while the handling got me for some reason, even though I know its not that bad, but...anyway, I went back to motto tires. I guess I like contributing money to Corporations.:nerd:

Reactions: budoka and Chopin
#10 ·
Ha! crack me up

I hope that antagonism is in jest.

Here was my ultimate take on CT: If Dunlop would make a winter car tire like the one I was once used, with rounded corners in the shape of a moto tire, it would be a great tire for a touring wing.

I happen to believe that motorcycle tires are being made well below present manufacturing capabilities; consequently, producing poor tires. The fact these car tires are lasting touring folks 20k miles is indicative of how poorly present motorcycle tires quality are.

#14 ·
Nando, the biggest thing you would have to worry about with the 200 series m/c tire would be clearance on the swing arm. There isn't a lot of room to play with.
As I've said before, when they switch to c/t's in MotoGP and USBK etc I'll become a believer. Until then darkness is limited visibility.:wink2:

#17 ·
Thanks Iron,

I am also looking for info on the wall strength compared to the 180 stones

and whether or not they would fit.

I remember long ago I own an 1800VTX people were putting 200 instead of 180, but the 200 Metz made did not have the wall strength of the 180 tires made for the VTX. And they were pretty dangerous mod for those bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.