Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rear engine cover trouble

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  budoka 
#1 ·
Hey. I have an 87 Aspencade. Love the bike, hate the stator. I pulled the engine and tried to remove the rear cover but it will not come off the spindle. Two taps on the side of the cover didn't work. I have tried gear pullers and thankfully haven't made it worse, but I am at a loss. Thought about ripping apart the oil seal but they are discontinued and have not been able to find one anywhere. Any thoughts, ideas, or do I parts it out on eBay and buy a moped? Kind of frustrated and my wife is leaning towards eBay. Don't want to sound desperate but "help"

#5 ·
1987 GW Rear Case Removal -

Hey Dave - Since you mentioned that the rear cover has slightly separated from the engine case - you are almost there. I believe that (only) on the 1987 Goldwing there is a need to remove the 4 bolt cover below the fuel pump for access to a couple of bolts beside the output driveshaft. On the 84 - 86 models this step was not necessary.

Some design engineer decided to bump the confusion factor up a notch. :)

Good Luck - Michael

Attachments

#6 ·
IT IS OFF! IT IS OFF! THE COVER IS OFF! Thank you Michael! A thousand thank you's to you! Two little bolts never mentioned anywhere that were on the shaft under the cover. Wow! I took some video and may post it. So now I have to go join a forum to find out how to post videos. Thank you again.

#7 ·
Dave, the easiest way to post video is to set up a youtube (or similar video sharing site) account. Then you can link the vids to your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.