GL1800 FI Codes - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pa
Posts: 905
I just received the Honda HIM which I believe stands for Honda Interface Module . This is a device that connects to a computer running the Honda software and the DLC connector on the bike or car. I haven't had a chance to connect it to the bike to see if it can read the codes but it did read the codes on my Acura MDX . Hopefully I will get a chance to see if it can read the bike codes soon. Will post my results here .
Chopin likes this.


2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

Jinx is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pa
Posts: 905
Preliminary test have not been able to connect to bike ECM. But I haven't given up yet.


2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

Jinx is online now  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Badrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Thornhill, On
Posts: 1,967
Great info, thanks for sharing.

Every man dies, not EVERY man truly LIVES!
Steve
GWRRA
1980 CB750 * 1979 GL1000 * 1982 GL1100 *
2000 GL1500 * 2009 GL1800 Airbag
IDMWT #99 (Finally admitted because I like the sound of #99)
Badrider is online now  
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 64
The Honda cars use OBD2 and the wing doesn't use this. You can cancel the codes with the DLC reset tool that basically shorts two of the pins together on the DLC connector. Some of the codes will go away anyway when the failure has been corrected.
Jinx likes this.

Candy Red 2004
Techdude2000 is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Senior Member
 
GetAway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
You would need to get Honda's version of 'Digital Technician' and the correct cable to hook the diagnostic port of the Wing to the computer.
Thank you for giving us these codes and for taking the time to type them all in.

Would you know where the diagnostic port is located on the bike?


Mark & Audrey
IDMWT #83
GetAway is online now  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAway View Post
Thank you for giving us these codes and for taking the time to type them all in.

Would you know where the diagnostic port is located on the bike?
The port is orange and is usually in a boot at the rear of the relay bank under the seat.

Candy Red 2004
Techdude2000 is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
GetAway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techdude2000 View Post
The port is orange and is usually in a boot at the rear of the relay bank under the seat.
Thanks a lot.


Mark & Audrey
IDMWT #83
GetAway is online now  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Dwarven1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 245
Garage
How would one read the codes if they are on a trike? I have no kickstand!

FI light appeared about 150 miles into a 250 mile ride in heavy rain. I notice that OD light comes on when I'm in neutral and the motor is running, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2003 GL1800 Motor Trike - "Canth"
2002 V-Star - "Raven"

Past Master, Franklin Lodge AF&AM Grafton MA
Member Libanus Lodge #47, Bristol VT
Widows Sons VT - Charter Member
Lugeless Pavement Racers - Member #6
IDMWT #67
NRA Certified Instructor
Appleseed Instructor
FFL - Lonely Mountain Arms, Starksboro, VT
Dwarven1 is online now  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 06:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarven1 View Post
How would one read the codes if they are on a trike? I have no kickstand!

FI light appeared about 150 miles into a 250 mile ride in heavy rain. I notice that OD light comes on when I'm in neutral and the motor is running, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Find the wires where the side stand switch is or used to be. If the switch is still there, you have to wait until the FI light is on, stop and put it in neutral, then move the switch clockwise until the “S” on the dash lights and the FI light should start blinking the code in long and short blinks. Long blink =10, short blink = 1. If the switch is gone, then disconnect the green wire from the green/white wire and then connect the green wire to the yellow/black wire. This will simulate the side stand in the down position and the FI light should flash the code. If you turn off the key before doing this procedure, the ECM may forget the code and it won’t flash the light, so don’t turn off the key until you get the code.
Dwarven1 likes this.

Candy Red 2004

Last edited by Techdude2000; 07-26-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Techdude2000 is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Dwarven1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 245
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techdude2000 View Post
Find the wires where the side stand switch is or used to be. If the switch is still there, you have to wait until the FI light is on, stop and put it in neutral, then move the switch clockwise until the S on the dash lights and the FI light should start blinking the code in long and short blinks. Long blink =10, short blink = 1. If the switch is gone, then disconnect the green wire from the green/white wire and then connect the green wire to the yellow/black wire. This will simulate the side stand in the down position and the FI light should flash the code. If you turn off the key before doing this procedure, the ECM may forget the code and it wont flash the light, so dont turn off the key until you get the code.
Thanks! It went away for a couple of days, so I was thinking it might have just been the heavy rain... but on a warm sunny day, it came back on the long run from St. Agatha ME to Saint John, NB. I'll probably wait until I get home and see if it recurs before trying to read it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2003 GL1800 Motor Trike - "Canth"
2002 V-Star - "Raven"

Past Master, Franklin Lodge AF&AM Grafton MA
Member Libanus Lodge #47, Bristol VT
Widows Sons VT - Charter Member
Lugeless Pavement Racers - Member #6
IDMWT #67
NRA Certified Instructor
Appleseed Instructor
FFL - Lonely Mountain Arms, Starksboro, VT
Dwarven1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome