VTX and Wing - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes

post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

VTX and Wing

I have owned a 2003 VTX 1800c for awhile now and I love it. For longer rides I bought a 2006 Gold Wing and discovered that I love it too. A completely different experience. My plan was to sell my VTX after I got the wing. But..........I cant sell it. Im keeping it for shorter rides and just because I love it. So my wife thinks Im nuts, and maybe I am, but I am now the proud owner of the 2 best bikes in the world today. I am a happy man. Can anyone relate?

All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing...............

So get out there and do something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 AM

I know what you mean, I have a 2006 1300 VTX and just bought a 1993 Goldwing. Each bike is a different experience. I would love to keep both but I know my wife won't go along with that.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you are collecting quite a stable of rides. Each is different and a great machine. Enjoy them both and ride safe..

Charlie
<><
Proud Owner of IDMWT #1
Past rides:
1974 Blue Yamaha TX500
1986 Red Kawasaki Voyager 1200
1998 Illusion Red Goldwing 1500 SE
2009 Silver Goldwing 1800 Audio/Comfort
***(all dropped, all gone, but not forgotten)***

Present:
2003 Electron Blue Metallic Corvette 5.7

Faith is more than believing God can, it's knowing God will.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:32 AM

I've had my VF700C keeping the Wing company in the garage, and love riding it - nothing like twisting the throttle and running it up to 9000 rpm or so, hanging on for dear life.
I can't justify hanging on to both, so I'm doing the next best thing: selling the Magna to my son. At least I can go visit and take a ride once in a while.

Mark
'84 Aspencade GL1200A
'84 Magna VF700C
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:00 PM

i know what you mean,i have a custom 05 roadstar,bought an 05 wing mainly for the wifes comfort & fell in love with it, and i just finished building a harley custom hardtail chopper! 1 will have to go (star or chopper) but i'll wait till economy picks up,i refuse to give'em away
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	99 percent 001.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of 102_0975.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of update 009.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	422  
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 AM

I have an '06 VTX 1300S and I recently purchased an '85 GL1200 Interstate. While I have used my VTX for cruising and touring, I plan to do a lot of riding on the Wing as well. The Wing will become my 'daily rider'. Even though I have to wear a suit to work everyday, I have the hardbags to store my jacket and laptop (which I can't do on the VTX).

D J
2006 VTX 1300S
1985 GL1200 Interstate
1995 GL1500 Interstate

Visit me at: http://www.dennisjoyner.net
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM

I too have a 2002 VTX Candy red retro I bought new. I have the Ultimate Four piece Big Boy seat but that did'nt help my wife. I bought a 1985 Aspencade a year ago and we went on an 1800 mile trip. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The 1200 lacked a bit from both of us on it and pulling a trailer. We had a hard time maintaining speed on the uphill ride. The couple we went with have a 1999 Valkerye Interstate and they had NO problem like that. So a few weeks ago I sold the Aspy and bought a 1993 SE, loaded. It has a few quirks that I'm sifting through but all in all I think I bought a gem. My wife thinks I'm nuts for keeping two bikes too BUT I bought the X brand new and it owes me NOTHING. And on a day like this I'm glad I still have the X because the wing is down for belts replacement. It would have been done this weekend but I got the wrong ones, so the right ones are on on their way to me as I post.

If I had known grandkids were this much fun I would have had them FIRST!!!!!!!
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

I had an 06 VTX(C) for three years. Not the best double up bike, but I didn't buy it for that reason. I bought it because it was the only bike in the showroom at the time that I knew my wife would afford when I came home to surprise her with what I did. Surprised she was !!!!! Then last year I decided that she had endured enough of my selfishness ( and I wanted something to go farther) so I convinced her that a Goldwing is a bike we could share together. End of story is : I got a Goldwing ( color her choice); Paid in full ( her choice ); Up-grades ( it's all for your comfort, dear ) And She hasn't even rode on it yet ! I think Mz. Vickie was happy to sell the VTX for $4,600.00. IT"S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Foolish woman.

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Sounds like a common theme here. I have my Ace Tourer which I love, but was uncomfortable for my wife. Now have the '88 Wing which she is enjoying very much and I am riding most of the time. Kept the Ace for my son to ride along with me. She loves that we have good father and son time together so.......have to have them both now! Love it when a plan comes together!

Scott

'88 GL1500
'98 Shadow Ace Tourer
'04 Kawi KLR250
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I can't resist. I have to jump in on this topic. What's wrong with mutiple bikes? i don't see a problem. Some guys even have more than 2, right DDB? In my case even though I love my wing sometimes I just want to hop on something & go for a short blast or if you live close to work like me.

Quote:
I've had my VF700C keeping the Wing company in the garage, and love riding it - nothing like twisting the throttle and running it up to 9000 rpm or so, hanging on for dear life.
That's exactly why I bought my 700S Nighthawk.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode