VTX and Wing - Page 6 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes

post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to RayJ
Well, my tell is a little different. My little honey of 43 years rides her own 2004 VTX1300S. She is actually a better rider than me. I just bought my 2015 Wing about 2 weeks ago. Keeping the 2005 Harley Electroglyde to take to Texas. We already have a 2005 1100 Yamaha over there we bought from a good friend last year. This is getting a little crazy but our logic is sound-----I think. Add in the Honda Foreman and the Kubota ATV for the farm and I think we have enough. At this point, none are for sale. However, with all the other engines I have to maintain it is getting a little tedious. I will do the 4000 on the Wing tomorrow and I am through for a while. Praise the Lord!!!!
Ralphumor likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 07:31 PM

I recently got back into riding two months ago, after being away from it for eight years. Two months ago, my wife asked if Iíd rather buy a boat or a motorcycle. I thought I could get a lot more good out of a motorcycle, and said so. She said for me to get a newer one so I wouldnít need to fix it up. The next day I bought a 2012 Goldwing. It was delivered 10 days later, and I was a happy guy.
Yesterday, she noticed that I was looking at motorcycles on eBay, specifically VTX1800s. She asked if I was shopping again, and I told her one of these would be different than my Goldwing, and she told me to just go ahead and buy one, so I did. Iíve still got to arrange shipment, but Iím ecstatic.

2012 GL1800 HPNAM
2002 VTX 1800C
IBA #33900
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 10:24 PM

My 2001 GL1800 was run over by a woman and the tow truck driver dropped it off his truck. This was in Oct 2004. So, I bought a 2006 VTX1300 and loved it. Was contemplating putting an auto style cruise control on it and was really into that bike. Then my son-in-law came home with a 2008 Harley Sportster and that bike had more get up and go and that got me to thinking about a Sportster, so I bought a new 2012 and sold the VTX. But that sportster was a vibrator on wheels and on the long haul was tiring. So, a couple years later a friend went overseas and left me his GL1800 which I rode a few time but didn't want to take chances with his great bike, so I bought another Harley Dyna Low Rider, 103 eng. (1680cc), great bike but I totaled it last summer. But loving that GL just got me to shopping around for my own while I was still on crutches and in therapy learning to walk all over again. My 2005 is just great but, I still would like to have that VTX back. Having two bikes in the garage is an endeavor to dream about.

Terry Dill of San Antonio

It's not the destination, but the getting there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode