USB Trouble Switching Songs From Bike Controls - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By TmDILL

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

USB Trouble Switching Songs From Bike Controls

I have recently purchased a 2013 Goldwing Audio Comfort, loving the bike but having trouble understanding the way that the USB works with the IPhone 5 or IPod. When we first bought the bike the IPhone would play the music and I could change songs from the handlebars, now all of a sudden I can't switch songs at all. Attempted to use an older iPod but it would not play at all. I have tried three different cords with on luck there. Is there a setting on the bike or phone that I am not aware of? What do I need just to be able to play my music and change songs from the bike controls.
It's no fun riding down the road when it's 80 degrees and having to listen to Christmas songs because I can't change it. ANY HELP AT ALL WOULD BE GREAT......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome Butch. Seems to me that the only setting on the i-phone that works is "shuttle". I'm not an Apple device fan so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure playlists are not operable on the bike's controls. I'm sure another member with more A-device smarts will answer you.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:53 AM

Garage
Welcome Butch..Good to have ya

Where is your device plugged in at? There is after market things that plug into the CD place in the trunk????

I use the aux cord in the left pocket and plug it into my head phone jack. I am unable to use the handlebar controls to do anything., I am a Spotify user and have several play list so I rarely want to change the song that way

Iron Butt Association #25491
IDMWT #27
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life member
Hard Chargers
08 Air Bag sold
2019 DCT Tour Ms Ruby Rose
THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/EFINREF

2014 Honda CRF250L

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:06 PM

Just get an 8 gig thumb drive and load the songs onto it. Plug it into the USB connector in the trunk.
You will have to convert all the songs to MP3 though. I-tunes software can do the conversion.

Everything shows up on the dash and controls on the handlebars work.
Just press the aux button til you get the USB symbol.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 10:48 PM

I have an IPhone 4S plugged in the USB in the trunk on mine and handle bar controls work fine I can even use them to select playlists and song while underway. Something is up with Yours.

Nothing rides quite like a Goldwing...
2012 GL 1800 level 2 Audio/Comfort/Navi/XM (ultra blue metallic)
1987 GL 1200 Aspencade (wine berry) sold

IDMWT Club Member#45

The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.- Paul "Bear" Bryant
~Be allergic to average!~
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 07:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Davis View Post
I have recently purchased a 2013 Goldwing Audio Comfort, loving the bike but having trouble understanding the way that the USB works with the IPhone 5 or IPod. When we first bought the bike the IPhone would play the music and I could change songs from the handlebars, now all of a sudden I can't switch songs at all. Attempted to use an older iPod but it would not play at all. I have tried three different cords with on luck there. Is there a setting on the bike or phone that I am not aware of? What do I need just to be able to play my music and change songs from the bike controls.
It's no fun riding down the road when it's 80 degrees and having to listen to Christmas songs because I can't change it. ANY HELP AT ALL WOULD BE GREAT......

Any solution yet? I have a 2015 and use my iPhone 6 all the time. With a factory Apple cable. It was working fine two days ago now I can't switch tracks. It tries to on the bar but the phone won't switch. So I'm going to try a new cable when I get back home. That's the only thing I can see it being.

Also you are able to use playlists while using your iPhone. I Have been using one since I bought the bike April 1st.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you ever find an answer to this? I have an newer iPhone and I'm unable to switch songs using the USB dongle attached to my GW.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 01:01 PM

I have the J&M Flashdrive USB device in the trunk that connects to the CD drive connector as a replacement. Have over 300 songs on the flashdrive and they are divided into folders. The CD drive recognizes those folders as CDs. I can select songs by scrolling using the "TUNE/DISC" control on the handlebar. To change Folders/Disc, I have to hold the TUNE/DISC in the up or down position for over 2 seconds. I can also play music through the Aux connection but I can not control it with the bikes audio other than volume. But, I can control the music from aux using the IPOD controls. I prefer the CD audio from J&M because it is more convenient.
NREMTP and Luv2fish like this.

Terry Dill of San Antonio

It's not the destination, but the getting there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode