Brake recall Honda found fix - Page 11 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 16Likes

post #101 of 136 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Garage
As long as the tech doing the work doesn't get interrupted, the repair should only take a few hours. What slowed mine down is a couple fasteners were worn out that we didn't have in stock. Not that it mattered since our roads were all snow and ice and un-rideable anyways...

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 136 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 09:54 AM

I just had mine done yesterday. The dealer said that for a bike (two wheeler) it takes about 2 hours however mine is a trike and it took most of a day. Arlie
post #103 of 136 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 10:11 AM

I just received my letter this week from Honda Corp. about the brake recall for our GW. It will probably be March before I take it in.....I didn't see a time restriction in the recall information.

"The journey is never a direct route; it is circuitous, and somewhere along the way, we discover that the journey is more significant than the destination, and the people we meet will be traveling companions of our memories forever." N. Demille

post #104 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 02:26 PM

A friend of mine took his bike in to have the brake recall fix on his bike and is now reporting a "spongy" feel to the rear brake... kinda like you have to pump the brakes on a car when the fluid is low. Anyone else have this problem? It makes me a little nervous about getting the recall work done, because, as we all know, sometimes, in an urgent braking situation, you may not have the luxury of time to pump the brakes a few times before you can trust them to stop you.

"Standing for those, who stood for US"

Patriot Guard Riders
post #105 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 04:38 PM

I suspect improper bleeding, with air left in one of the many possible trap points.
I would contact the dealership who did the work.

2007 Navi Almost 120k miles
post #106 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Garage
Absolutely contact that dealer.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #107 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Just had mine done. No issues.

Eddie
2018 DCT Tour Pearl Hawkeye Blue
IDMWT #73

"Ride hard or stay home"
post #108 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

I had mine done in 2012 and it was actually fine and had the newest recall done no issues here. Hope they got it right this time.

IBA #42245
SCMA
Honda Goldwing 2018
Honda Goldwing 2012 & 2009
Triumph Rocket III 2005 & 2014
Harley Davidson Fatboy 2013 & Roadglide 2017
post #109 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:23 PM

Garage
Trike brake

Okay, we just bought our 1800 trike last week and I see there is a recall for the rear brake secondary master cylinder. Went to the Honda site and checked the Vin, it says "Recall Status: Recall INCOMPLETE." I'm thinking this means we need to take it in to have this looked at and will give them a call to be sure. My question is, will they still correct the defect at no cost even if it has been converted to a trike?

All the Brothers Were Valiant
post #110 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Okay, we just bought our 1800 trike last week and I see there is a recall for the rear brake secondary master cylinder. Went to the Honda site and checked the Vin, it says "Recall Status: Recall INCOMPLETE." I'm thinking this means we need to take it in to have this looked at and will give them a call to be sure. My question is, will they still correct the defect at no cost even if it has been converted to a trike?
I think the answer is yes. I believe, based on what my dealer told me, was that Honda started out doing it on trikes and then back sometime in Dec. started saying no to trikes. But they have changed back to saying yes to the recall for trikes. I think the problem is the procedure is different depending on which trike kit you have. It was confusing to mother Honda what to do depending on what kit you have.

'13 Wing; DoubleDarkside,
May the good Lord Jesus bless us all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode