General Feedback requested. - Honda Goldwing Forums
 1Likes

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
TRS

General Feedback requested.

Hi all.....am new to here, but have owned a few goldwings to date. An 84 and now a 93. Want to "update". Have eye on a 2004 with 13K miles and a 2008 with more goodies, but with 21K. Any comments regarding model years, pluses and minus's. Know to get evidence of service, but like everything else, money is a factor. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Lifetime Premium

21,000 miles on an 08 ? I thought I didn't ride enough with 50,000 on my 08. That 04 was just parked. What's the price on both, and especially, what are their colors ?

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
TRS

The 04 is that model years red and the 08 is the titanium. The 04 is asking $11,900 and appears to be a basic model with some add-ons and the 08 with the comfort package is asking $14,999.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
The 04 is that model years red and the 08 is the titanium. The 04 is asking $11,900 and appears to be a basic model with some add-ons and the 08 with the comfort package is asking $14,999.
The comfort package is nice during the fall rides, but the red has more eye appeal. If their colors were reversed it would be a no-brainer.

Lee.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
TRS

Because the newer model would be the better option/deal even with the slightly higher mileage? Otherwise the model years shouldn't make that much of a difference?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
TRS

My current one is red as well and do like the look of it better too. Just making sure your no brainer is what I think it is.....;D
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
Because the newer model would be the better option/deal even with the slightly higher mileage? Otherwise the model years shouldn't make that much of a difference?
Neither of these Wings have been out and about much. Mileage is a non-factor. Starting in 06 they beefed up the stereo system, but it still can't compete with Harley's Harmon Kardon, in my opinion. What else did they do starting in 06.......... Maybe something with the cooling fans ? The Navigation System , if the 08 has it, is what it is. I think it added about a $1,000 to the MSRP.

Lee.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Garage
Unless those bikes are pristine, I think their a tad high on the price. However, not knowing your local market conditions it could be fair for where you are too.
I'd personally be looking at at least $1k less on each, maybe more depending. Those asking prices are even with top Bluebook in Canadian dollars with all the bells and whistles and neither of those bikes are full load for US spec, and our prices are significantly higher up here.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
TRS

Good info......With the very low mileage on one or really both of these, they should be pristine..which what I'm hoping for. I've gotten pretty tough......been workin on not being so dumb! Thanks!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:25 PM

Garage
TRS I have a 08 also , Like Chopin , its pearl white with 74,000 miles , and I run a car tire , to me your talking 3,000 dollars for a 4 year newer bike . So I kinda feel the 08 is what I would be looking at . Not really a lot difference in the two bikes . The miles , well kinda makes them new . Hopes this helps .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode