Product reviews - Page 5 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 8Likes

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Site Sponsor

Product Review

Good Morning, My name is Mike Jackson and I have joined the Baker Built Air Wings Team. I was wondering if those of you out their with our product would provide me with your honest feedback about our product. If you would like to contact me with any questions my email is [email protected].
Thank You,
Mike
Chopin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Garage
They are a popular product line around here Mike. I'll send you what I know from my experience.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 03:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallct View Post
Centramiatic wheels balancers
Juts got mine while im in Maggie Valley, and wont have time to fit them before i have an ocean flight, will test them on the trip in NOV to the M&G
Terry I have had mine quiet a few miles...At least 30,000. Combined with diligent air pressure 41psi I managed to get 15,000 out of my rear Bridgestone tire I would recommend this product

Iron Butt Association #25491
IDMWT #27
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life member
Hard Chargers
08 Air Bag sold
2019 DCT Tour Ms Ruby Rose
THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/EFINREF

2014 Honda CRF250L

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 07:18 PM

Many of us in the "upper" age bracket have to deal with problems we may or may not have known were approaching, many which can have an effect on the duration of our lives. Sometimes its things we have to be sure those around us are aware of.

Remember when I had my leg problem back in Maggie Valley? One of the things to come out of is I am now taking blood thinners. This could become a serious issue in case I'm in an accident and unconscious. So I have gotten a Medical ID Alert. There are many brands, mostly bracelets or something worn on a necklace, from similar to a dog tag to a USB stick.

The cheaper ones may show a phone number or a website address. The first responder would make that contact and get into information files at the vendor's. I felt I ride so often in areas that have no cell phone service, those would not always be a good choice.

I chose a bracelet, partly because an EMT told me he felt the bracelet was more likely to be noticed quickly in an emergency situation. When the clasp on the bracelet is opened, it exposes a USB connector that the first responder simply plugs into his onboard computer. All of my info is stored in the bracelet, no need for a cell connection.

It gives as much info as I want to share....personal, medical history, allergies, medications (prescribed and OTC), emergency contacts and phones, doctors and phone, and has space for extra notes. However, one of the things it asks for is insurance info. I'm on Medicare. My claim number is my SSN. UH-UHH. That's one of the key bits of info for identity theft. Anybody could grab the bracelet before first responders arrive. I ain't given my SSN out.

These can be bought at most pharmacies, although they are just a middleman buying from the mfg. Or direct. I was surprised to find the cheapest for my choice was Wingstuff, and I'm VIP so discount some more.

Http://wingstuff.com/products/37072-...gency-id-white
detdrbuzzard and Chopin like this.

2003 GL1800/MotorTrike Adventure IDMWT#25x3
Ride often. Ride far. Ride safe and do much more of both.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach him how to surf the GWOF and he won't bother you for weeks, maybe months
I'll be waitin' for you at the end of the road.
If everything had gone as planned, it would not have been an adventure.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Good idea randy.
Like it.

Current ride
2006 GL1800 Arctic White
1995 1500SE
IDMWT #37
IBA #-50334
Darkside # 1644 Michelin Alpine PA3 ZP
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Cleet certified Firearms instructor since 1980
Concealed carry Firearms instructor
GWOF IB #2 With BIG KEN
Best stress reliever I ever bought until I had the blowout

Hero's dont wear capes, they wear DOG TAGS

Terry
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 11:10 PM

Location: Ranch outside Bertram, TX about 80 miles north of Austin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwing02 View Post
Many of us in the "upper" age bracket have to deal with problems we may or may not have known were approaching, many which can have an effect on the duration of our lives. Sometimes its things we have to be sure those around us are aware of.

Remember when I had my leg problem back in Maggie Valley? One of the things to come out of is I am now taking blood thinners. This could become a serious issue in case I'm in an accident and unconscious. So I have gotten a Medical ID Alert. There are many brands, mostly bracelets or something worn on a necklace, from similar to a dog tag to a USB stick.

The cheaper ones may show a phone number or a website address. The first responder would make that contact and get into information files at the vendor's. I felt I ride so often in areas that have no cell phone service, those would not always be a good choice.

I chose a bracelet, partly because an EMT told me he felt the bracelet was more likely to be noticed quickly in an emergency situation. When the clasp on the bracelet is opened, it exposes a USB connector that the first responder simply plugs into his onboard computer. All of my info is stored in the bracelet, no need for a cell connection.

It gives as much info as I want to share....personal, medical history, allergies, medications (prescribed and OTC), emergency contacts and phones, doctors and phone, and has space for extra notes. However, one of the things it asks for is insurance info. I'm on Medicare. My claim number is my SSN. UH-UHH. That's one of the key bits of info for identity theft. Anybody could grab the bracelet before first responders arrive. I ain't given my SSN out.

These can be bought at most pharmacies, although they are just a middleman buying from the mfg. Or direct. I was surprised to find the cheapest for my choice was Wingstuff, and I'm VIP so discount some more.

Http://wingstuff.com/products/37072-...gency-id-white
I got mine off Ebay....has a Micro USB card in it....Isaac

No river is shallow to a man that can't swim..

2007 GL 1800 (VA)
2005 Yamaha FJR 1300
Isaac

Last edited by DreamWeaver; 04-04-2016 at 11:13 PM.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 11:41 PM

That's smart, Randy. Believe I'll get one myself, since the western trip in June will be in a lot of remote country. Thanks!

I should also provide a proper review of my new Optic Armor +2 windshield in the proscribed thread: Awesome! Absolutely clear and little wind buffeting, noticeably less than the Tulsa Tall. I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10. (The .5 is for costing $269, with an excellent vent; though that is about $100 less than F4+4 for the same shield made out of the same stuff. OK, let's just make it 10 out of 10!)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." ~ George Orwell

Kevin
1995 1500 Aspencade named "Cochise"
1985 1200 Aspencade named "Tatanka"
IDMWT club #18
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 10:10 PM

where did you order it from and how much was it?
thanks
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcoe Rider View Post
where did you order it from and how much was it?
thanks
Believe it was CycleMax.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." ~ George Orwell

Kevin
1995 1500 Aspencade named "Cochise"
1985 1200 Aspencade named "Tatanka"
IDMWT club #18
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 AM
ETC

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode