Late model Warranty Issues - Honda Goldwing Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By budoka
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Late model Warranty Issues

2015 Honda Goldwing-20,000 miles front fork seals blown-I think it was like less than $600.00, right front brake pad replacement, at least 4-5 times, Rear trunk hinges broke interior lid, Pixels are going out on GPS Screen

2016 Honda Goldwing With CSC Conversion -20,000 miles front fork seals blown-I think it was like less than $600.00, Clutch Burnt out-Cost was $2,400.00, right front brake pad replacement, at least 4-5 times, Rear trunk hinges broke interior lid, Pixels are going out on GPS Screen

I never had these issues with my previous wings-Now all of a sudden---same issues...Warranty does not cover them and Honda Extended Warranty does not cover them---I just Cancelled My Honda Extended Warranty on (4) late model Bikes-It appears if you ride them it is a wear item, and they no longer cover wear items.

Disgusting to say the least.

[FONT="Times New Roman"]"I see the Horizone with no destination in sight"

2015 Wing Red/Black "40 Year Anniversary"
2016 Wing blue/black loaded/With California Side Car Trike Kit
2018 Indian Road Master Elite W/116 Big Bore Kit/Tuner/Pipes/Breather
2019 Indian Road Master Elite W/Side Car/116 Big Bore Kit/Tuner/Pipes/Breather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Garage
"Wear items" or "consumables" were never covered by warranty, unless a very kind dealer did it out of good will. There is a cost of ownership on all things mechanical and that is sadly a part of it. ESC does not cover hand operated controls (radio, switches, cords for comm...) either. Always check with the dealer at the time of purchase on any extended coverage. Found that out the hard way on a car.
W1ngin1t likes this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 PM

Garage
Is the pixels going out on his GPS wouldn't that be covered?

Reading your list just what IS covered, just the frame?? I can't think of anything else that isn't machinable.

Mark & Audrey
IDMWT #83

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 07:48 PM

Garage
When I had my SD card error message a little bit ago, it locked up the navigation/radio and made it unusable. I could not even see what my mileage was. I was planning to take it to the dealer for an extended warranty repair. I got to reading the extended warranty and found that the GPS/radio is not covered at all under the extended warranty. Thanks to kind folks on this forum, I was able to resolve the issue.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 08:13 PM

I too had to learn the hard way about warranties. Sorry for your hard lessons learned. This is WHY I started a weekly budget marked: Trike Repair
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

Garage
Would be nice

Just imagine if wear and tear items would be covered under warranty , I would have new tires every season .

"THERE REALLY IS NO OTHER WAY "
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
When I had my SD card error message a little bit ago, it locked up the navigation/radio and made it unusable. I could not even see what my mileage was. I was planning to take it to the dealer for an extended warranty repair. I got to reading the extended warranty and found that the GPS/radio is not covered at all under the extended warranty. Thanks to kind folks on this forum, I was able to resolve the issue.
Just want to correct the statement about the display. I had the one on my 2006 replaced under warranty after 6 years and 140,000 miles .

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Unread Today, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Just want to correct the statement about the display. I had the one on my 2006 replaced under warranty after 6 years and 140,000 miles .
And I had the fork seals replaced on my 2004 after 5 years under extended warranty. I think a lot of this has to do with the dealer.

2012 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode