Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CB unit on GL2001 be used in GL2008

450 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TmDILL 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 2008 GL1800. Can the CB unit and antenna unit from the 2001 be installed in the 2008 model? or does it require a lot of setup?

The question is can the CB unit that installed in a 2001 GL1800 be used in the 2008 GL1800?

#3 · (Edited)
The unit is the same bit the place where the main wire harness connects is in a different location . If I remember correctly. the early 1800 wing CB connection was on the left side under the top shelter, the 06 and up the main connection was on the right side and you got to it by removing the key panel that opens the right storage compartment on the fairing. This is where it is on the 06 wing

#6 ·
Joe, you are correct. There is a spot on the right lower side inside the trunk that is marked for that hole which is about 1" in diameter. It is an impressive molded marking. Also the main connection is under the seat beside the cross bar just rear of the Box with all the Relays. Also the Antenna for the CB has marks right where the holes are drilled for it. Also where the antenna cable routes through the trunk. In addition on my 2005 one filter is plugged into the harness just to the right along side the engine of the ignition so that top shelter has to be removed to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.