Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker Run -

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  crownfire 
#1 ·
I attended a local Oktoberfest gathering of motorcycle riders this weekend in an old river bottom, civil war era town that (except for having electricity and indoor plumbing) hasn't changed much since the 1860's. It's organized as a benefit rally for burn victims with lots of poker runs, lottery bike drawings, rock-n-roll band and outdoor Bar-B-Q dinners. The odd thing was that out of the approximately 1,000 bikes in attendance, there was a huge assortment of HD, Victory and Indian's but only 3 middle-aged GW's (Including Mine) ???

After browsing along every motorcycle filled street, the only one I found of any real interest was a perfectly restored twin cylinder 1920's Indian. According to the owner (who never once let the bike out of his sight), it was an early optioned chain drive with an extra long right hand suicide shifter, left hand mechanical speedometer, high output magneto and passenger seat with it's accompanying rectangular handle between the seats.

Later the owner fired this thing up and without a whiff of smoke, rode off with his knock-out of a beautiful girlfriend. Sorry but they were gone before I got another photo of the girlfriend, er bike. :)

Ride Safe - Michael

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice. Interesting bike, wish you had more pictures of it. What town? If it's an annual event you may entice others to travel there next year.....

#4 · (Edited)
Boo Bike Burn Rally -

Hey Crownfire - The location of this mid-October annual bike rally is in the small East Texas town of Jefferson. Back in the 1860's, it used to be a 3 horse town but somewhere along the years two got away. :)

The Boo Bike Rally was originally started by some friends to help cover a local rider's uninsured hospital expenses. His nick name was Boo and was in an terrible accident. It has now continued as a charitable event for all burn victims but provides special support for a children's foundation and camp named "I'm Still Me".

The town folk all seem to have a variety of names for this gathering but I think it is officially called the "Jefferson Burn Benefit - Continue the Ride" (With all the appropriate Fun, Shenanigans, Bike Show, Out Door Band and Bar-B-Q).

https://www.jefferson-texas.com/events/#!event/2016/10/7/bike-rally-burn-run-benefit

Ride Safe - Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.