Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 GL1800 Dual Heated Seat

968 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  budoka 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!
Well - my 2012 GL1800 is starting to show its age a little .... the OEM dual heated seat is ripping/tearing along the seams. If someone’s already been down that particular road ... I was just wondering if you would recommend replacement or getting it repaired ... if you bit the bullet and bought a new seat where and how much? If you repaired it how did it go?

Thanks!

John Fee
IDMWT #56

#5 ·
VLP Vinyl repair kit. I have to take my seat apart and repair it. I tried out some on the seat when I screwed up installing the back rest. Now the seam that you all are talking about is torn. So I am going take it apart. And repair it from the inside out.

Reactions: fee34610
#8 ·
I have a pair of riding boots that came apart at a seam. I took them to a shoe repair shop and instead of restitching, they used what they call "liquid stitching". It's a glue they said doctors use sometimes instead of stitches. So far the boots are holding up well. Cost me $18.00 instead of $100+ for new boots. I came back to the shoe repair place an hour after dropping the boots off. The repair guy was outside getting fresh air. The smell of that glue was deadly when we went into the store. Worth looking into..... Jim

#9 ·
If you are still undecided on how to go about this, drop by an upholsterer and have them look at it. Most of them do great repair work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.