SD Data Card Error - Honda Goldwing Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By budoka
  • 1 Post By budoka
  • 2 Post By Jinx

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SD Data Card Error

I was just checking my 2012 Wing while planning some maintenance and when I turned the key on to get a mileage reading, I could not. There was an SD Data Card Error icon and text. I turned the bike off and popped out both cards, pushed them back in, then turned it on again. The error was still there. Then I tried turning the bike on while the cards were out, then again after they had been replaced to no avail. My display has been completely taken over by an error message.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
Bob

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Try with just the Map sd card inserted. I just tried withboth cards out and I got insert sd card. Installed just the Map card and the nav came up as normal.
If you have an other Map SC card try it.
If you can try formatting a different SD card and copy the map SD to it and put it into the bike.

As much as I hate to put it this way if you don't just it working by the M&G let me know and I will see if we can find the problem.

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 11:00 AM

Did you get this fixed. Sorry I thought you were going to tn M&G.

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
George Bernard Shaw

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Garage
I think there is (on your bike Bob) a reset button on the side of the NAVI box, my '09 has it. Takes a pin to insert into the hole and push the reset, but that has worked for several members in the past. Let us know if you got this sorted.
NREMTP likes this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks everyone. I have been jammed this last week getting ready for the NLH Gala as well as finishing the winterizing chores around here. I leave on another teaching trip tomorrow so more attempts to remedy the problem will have to wait until I return. My dealer has tried to help by phone but one of the service managers "is out" at the moment and the other one is deep into the weeds. Boduka ( I always seem to spell that wrong??), I will be trying your idea next, when I can. The Red Ghost is still under the extended warranty, so I can take it into the shop if need be.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Garage
Pretty sure there is a procedure listed in the owners manual (Navi addendum) that explains it. If it doesn't PM me and I'll send you a pdf of the service manual pages, Em, when you get time LOL
NREMTP likes this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, I think it is fixed, thanks to Jinx's idea.
I could not find a reset hole and searching the Nav manual did not find any reference to initializing or resetting the Nav. I decided to check the card on my PC and windows said it checked out fine. I copied the Garmin folder onto my hard drive while rummaging through some old SD cards. I found a 16 GB micro card in an adapter that was blank and formatted Fat 32. I copied the Garmin folder to that card, tried it in the bike and it works fine. I tried the old card again just for fun and got the SD Card Error. So the replacement card is in the Nav and it is working.
Thanks for everybody's help.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
Well, I think it is fixed, thanks to Jinx's idea.
I could not find a reset hole and searching the Nav manual did not find any reference to initializing or resetting the Nav. I decided to check the card on my PC and windows said it checked out fine. I copied the Garmin folder onto my hard drive while rummaging through some old SD cards. I found a 16 GB micro card in an adapter that was blank and formatted Fat 32. I copied the Garmin folder to that card, tried it in the bike and it works fine. I tried the old card again just for fun and got the SD Card Error. So the replacement card is in the Nav and it is working.
Thanks for everybody's help.
Thanks for the update.
What you can do now is format and copy the files back to the original SD card and see if that works.

Also to get to the reset button you have to open the case in the trunk . Then you will see a small hole in the top of the case the nav board is in.
Cantankerous and NREMTP like this.

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Jinx; 10-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode