Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a new F6B! I have a question.

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  budoka 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys, I pulled the trigger. I bought an F6B, 2016, 0 miles leftover, and only paid $12,800 for it. I got an e-mail quote saying it would be $14,000 out the door, and apparently that was a mistake, but they honored it. I feel like I stole it. What an upgrade from my previous bike. The Goldwing is phenomenal. So easy to ride, and easy on the eyes! I'm so glad I didn't buy a Harley. I am having a problem with front-end bounce, but I'm taking it back to the dealership tomorrow to check the tire and forks. There's a pic attached. The bike is dirty, I had to ride many miles through rain to get it home, and I haven't stopped riding it long enough to wash it!

I have so many questions about it, and I'm doing my best to Google it out before posting questions here, but there is one thing I'd like to know that I can't find, maybe you guys with add-on GPS units can help me out.

I want to buy a Garmin 595 to add to the left bar. I want to install it like this YouTuber installed his on a '18 GL1800. Can the wires be routed the same way on my F6B? There seems to be more plastic under the bars that block the opening to draw the wires up, but I do see a small gap down there that might work. Is it safe to route the wires down there on mine? I'm afraid I'll pull them up next to something hot and burn them apart. What do you think? Here's the video I found.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations. That is about the going rate on the matte gray 16 F6B standard models. Most places advertise them for $11,9xx plus destination, tax and tag. Some try for prep fees too. You can run the wires down the left side to the battery / fuse box location. There is a power wire under the left pocket ~5 amps that might be enough to run it. Much easier and simpler to work on the F6B than the newer wing.

#5 ·
Dang. I thought I got a screaming deal. Oh well, if I just think about how much they cost in 2016, I still feel good about it.

Don't have an FB6 but what I did on my 2017 1800 is replace the ZUMO's wiring harness with a cable that had just the red/black wires at the ZUMO mount This allowed me to route the wire along with the other wires going down the handle bar. Don't have time now but I will try to post pics later . Much cleaner install and works great for me.
Where did you get the wire? I also intend to only use the power, none of the other stuff. If you get a chance, a pic would be great, thanks!

#4 ·
Don't have an FB6 but what I did on my 2017 1800 is replace the ZUMO's wiring harness with a cable that had just the red/black wires at the ZUMO mount This allowed me to route the wire along with the other wires going down the handle bar. Don't have time now but I will try to post pics later . Much cleaner install and works great for me.

Reactions: ccjcc81
This post has been deleted
#7 ·
My Zumo 660 is hard wired into the bike (switched) and it wasn't that bad a job. Of course the bike was already partially torn down for an air filter change and the airbag recall....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.