Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Throttle hand numbness
I have been riding a Honda VTX for over 100,000, and just switched over to my first Goldwing. I love the bike, but hate my throttle hand always being sore and numb. I didn't have this problem with my VTX. I'm trying to determine how to fix the problem.
My Goldwing is a 2001 1800.
Here are the differences:
1. VTX has custom grips which seem to be a little fatter than the Goldwing. I have put the rubber slip ons on the Goldwing, which seemed to help a little.
2. The angle of the grips are different between the two. Goldwing is more perpendicular with the bike than the VTX.
3. I have a throttle rest on the VTX which worked great. I've tried different throttle rests on the Goldwing with no success.
4. I do have cruise control on the Goldwing, which is great on longer stretches, but I don't use it on the short stretches on the freeway.
5. I have tried various wrist braces on the Goldwing, and it doesn't help.
Has anyone else experienced this on their Goldwings?