First Post! Did the F6B ever come with ABS? Or are they confusing it with CBS? - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

First Post! Did the F6B ever come with ABS? Or are they confusing it with CBS?

First post on here guys!

Can anybody here confirm if the F6B ever came with ABS? I think that some people call the Combined Braking System on their bike ABS, maybe that's where things get cloudy?

Apparently, unless there's a toothed encoder ring on your front wheel you don't have ABS.

The reason that I'm asking is that there's a 2014 F6B for sale about a two hour's drive from where I live and I'm seriously considering it as my next bike. The seller doesn't claim that it has ABS but if there were some F6Bs that had ABS I might wait until I spotted one of those but I'm thinking that those might not exist anyway. There's only this one particular used F6B for sale here in the Maritime Provinces of Canada where I live, so it's pretty much slim pickings.

This 2014 F6B in black has 66,000 kms (41,000 miles) on the clock and the guy says that he just lowered the price, it's now $13,000 Canadian ($9,960.00 USD). The seller says that the bike is in excellent condition. has a center stand, taller windshield, Satellite Radio, GPS, backrests for rider and pillion, a black luggage rack and throttle lock cruise control.

I'm going to ask for records of service history, etc... If all of that looks OK i will try to get him down at about $12,000 CDN ($9,200.00 USD).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Take a look at the link attached. See if that answers the question and Welcome to the GWOF.

https://bikeswiki.com/Honda_GL1800_F6B_Gold_Wing

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Huh, that's interesting. If that info is correct it looks like the F6B has both CBS and ABS. Man, that would be awesome!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
Huh, that's interesting. If that info is correct it looks like the F6B has both CBS and ABS. Man, that would be awesome!
You may want to investigate further, that may just mean that it was available not necessarily on every bike.....if that makes sense to you???

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:26 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. I looked at Honda's power sport website and there was no mention of ABS for the 2015 or 2016 F6Bs.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:40 AM

If you are looking at a Canada spec bike, then it has ABS standard. The US spec bikes did not. Do a google search on Canada spec bikes. The articles I looked at quick all say ABS was standard in Canada.
budoka likes this.

Dan
2012 GL 1800
1988 GL 1500
1977 GL 1000
2012 KLR 650
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Good to know, I'll make sure that it wasn't a USA bike brought into Canada.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Garage
The Cdn models did come with ABS (and the linked/combined system same as the full dresser). However, if memory serves, only the Deluxe US model had ABS south of the border, the standard did not. We Canucks didn't couldn't get the Deluxe (red) as in the States. They got the passenger backrest, the center stand, and heated grips (I think but I sort of forget), so they made all those things "dealer installed options" up here and compensated by giving us ABS. Kinda dumb from a manufacturing standpoint if you ask me. Sure made my life as a Cdn dealer awkward I can tell you that. Bad enough they released a Goldwing bagger without cruse control when all the other brand baggers had them (sure there was only Vic and HD but still). Pretty much doomed the model to lack luster sales appeal on the floor. And it showed in the numbers. At least we didn't have to suffer with the crappy red matte paint jobs, we only got the too soft gloss black and the swirl scratch problems. But at least the paint didn't come off on the cloth when you wiped it.
Jeebers, did I just rant? Oops.
Behind bars likes this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much budoka!

I'm relieved to learn that the 2014 F6B that I plan on buying actually has ABS. The other items aren't quite as important to me so I can live without them.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:24 AM

Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Superdave1120
Sayre, PA
1980 650 Yamaha First Ride
1989 GL1500 First Wing
2006 750 Shadow Wifes Ride
2012 GL1800 New Wing (Red)
IBA #63784
Darksider #1664
Michelin Alpine P3 195/55/R16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode