Goldstrike Highway Pegs for 2018 Wing - Honda Goldwing Forums
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By W1ngin1t
  • 1 Post By epiphysis

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Goldstrike Highway Pegs for 2018 Wing

Has anyone tried these pegs out? I did a search on the forum and didn't find anything so I apologize if this has been discussed before - they seem infinitely adjustable and not a bad look - I like that you aren't having to modify or drill for mounting and also I think they look decent - debating on these or the Rivco...
https://www.ciro3d.com/goldstrike-pr...way-peg-mounts

Nuthin' beats fun for having' a good time!

2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200(2)
2016 Vespa GTV 300ie
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour(DCT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome wingtip. I think I did see something about those earlier, but it may not have been on here. Regardless, they are worth a look for owners of the new bikes....

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:01 PM

After looking at everything, I went with the rivco. . Much cheaper, very sleek looking, and very comfortable. The $289 is just for the mounts, the foot pegs themselves cost another 100.

Eddie
2018 DCT Tour Pearl Hawkeye Blue
IDMWT #73

"Ride hard or stay home"

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:46 AM

I too went with the Rivco.....

Saying that....I do have the GOLDSTRIKE Passenger cruise pegs and they are quite nice.

I also have numerous other Ciro/ GOLDSTRIKE products, they are top notch!

Mark

2018 Goldwing Tour DCT Candy Ardent Red
'07 Trekker DL185 Trailer
AMA Member

DSi # 563 IDMWT #14
Riding soothes my soul.....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtip View Post
Has anyone tried these pegs out? I did a search on the forum and didn't find anything so I apologize if this has been discussed before - they seem infinitely adjustable and not a bad look - I like that you aren't having to modify or drill for mounting and also I think they look decent - debating on these or the Rivco...
https://www.ciro3d.com/goldstrike-<b...way-peg-mounts
I got them and the matching floor boards. Nice clean look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190617_123644_1561547737116.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	263653  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:06 PM

There are absolutely no instructions about how to assemble them before mounting. Due to the lack of instructions there are small parts and different types of washers where you have guess where they belong. May have to call the company to get them together properly.

Aside from that, they exhibit high quality machining; strong, and durable. The boards are comfortable. Takes some time to them adjusted properly. A concern I have is that the part holding the foot rests extends beyond the engine guard. If the bike tips over the mounting brackets might cause some damage to the engine block. I have no proof of that though.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 10:24 PM

Garage
I installed the Ciro pegs before the start of my annual 3,000 mi trip to CO. Now half way into the trip, I have used them a lot, and highly recommend them. They look "stock" not add on, and adjust to fit me perfectly (6'1" 190 lbs). I assembled them before I attempted to install (took about 30 min to assemble) so that I would be familiar with where the parts go. The video and enclosed instructions were easy to follow and it only took about an hour to install both. I borrowed a friend's lift so that make it much easier. My only real concern is what happens when I drop the bike as it looks like they will hit first. They do appear durable and of high quality. Expensive, but worth it to me. An aside is that they make the twisties more secure feeling by using a little foot pressure.

Last edited by Xerdoc; 09-07-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:10 AM

Ive been thinking about highway pegs, but on my 2015 GL1800 it seems I would really have to splay my legs outwards.. and then the inside of my calves wouldd rub up against the sharp edges of the body work down there.

Ive sat on a bike on a showroom that had pegs and it didnt seem super comfortable, and a buddy let me sit on his bike and same thing but he said you get used to it.

Is thjis just an adjustment thing, once you have them dfialed in their comfortbale, or are you always going to have your calves rubbing up against the body work ?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanSF View Post
Ive been thinking about highway pegs, but on my 2015 GL1800 it seems I would really have to splay my legs outwards.. and then the inside of my calves wouldd rub up against the sharp edges of the body work down there.

Ive sat on a bike on a showroom that had pegs and it didnt seem super comfortable, and a buddy let me sit on his bike and same thing but he said you get used to it.

Is thjis just an adjustment thing, once you have them dfialed in their comfortbale, or are you always going to have your calves rubbing up against the body work ?
They do make longer extension arms for the pegs and many folks use them for that very reason.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 PM

I put the Beachcomer highway pegs from Show chrome on my new bike. with the extension, they are great and a little less expensive. Both look great on the bike.
StephanSF likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode