Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 DCT - foot shift

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  budoka 
#1 ·
Greetings WingDings. Has anyone added the foot shift yet, if so, any feedback?
I was banging through some Adk twisties the other day in manual, and it just felt unnatural trying to adjust to finger shifting. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
I haven't heard of any of our district dealers adding the foot shifter, I'll ask around and see if I can find any info.

#4 ·
I gave my 2018 Wing DCT a quick look to see if there is even a shift shaft down near the foot peg to add a shifter. If there is it isn't apparent on the DCT unless it is covered by some sort of cap or plug. This is speculative but my guess is that adding a foot shifter to the DCT transmission is not an option. If you want more aggressive shifting with the DCT transmission and don't like the handle bar shifter have you tried putting your Wing in "Sport" mode? That definitely kicks the Wing up a notch or two in engine response and aggressive shifting, both down and up the gears.

#8 ·
I've ridden a couple DCT bikes, but not the Wings. I never had an issue on either the VFR or the NC with the handlebar shift. But then I may or may not be what you'd call normal...>:)

#9 ·
I've ridden a couple DCT bikes, but not the Wings. I never had an issue on either the VFR or the NC with the handlebar shift. But then I may or may not be what you'd call normal.../forums/images/GoldwingOwners_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png

Yeah..me either?. A foot shift would do the work of 2 fingers...... and would seem more natural, when needed, than those paddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.