Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Think I got rid of the wobble

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jinx 
#1 ·
Had a Super Brace installed a couple of years ago to get rid of the wobble. Didn't work so I just had the All Balls Steering Bearings installed. That seems to have done the trick. Or maybe it's the combination of the two. After riding two hundred miles today, I didn't feel the wobble. I also noticed how much tighter the steering felt at slow speeds. Not tight as in hard to steer, but there just didn't seem to be any play in it.

#2 ·
Those bearings get rave reviews just about everywhere. We use them in our shop based on customer request. Never a come back on them.

#3 ·
I hate to be a downer but if you are talking about the wobble at 40mph it will probably come back. I put 220,000 miles on my 2006 and had the wobble come and go. For the record I had the traxxion full monty done at 14,000 miles. Had it service at Traxxion every 20 to 25,000 miles . Had a Smartyre tpms so tire pressure was always with in a couple of pounds of the recommended pressure. Last time the Traxxion system was serviced , about 210,000 miles , my tires were close to end of life. Had the wobble before and right after service. Checked before putting on new tires still had wobble. After new tires wobble was gone.
Personally I don't worry about the wobble . I would prefer that the bike not have it but it only shows up when both hands are off the bars. Something I do very seldom at that speed.

I now have a 2017 with 15,000 miles on it and so far it doesn't appear to have the wobble. But I will check next time I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.