Think I got rid of the wobble - Honda Goldwing Forums
 10Likes
  • 5 Post By slowrollin
  • 2 Post By budoka
  • 3 Post By Jinx

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Think I got rid of the wobble

Had a Super Brace installed a couple of years ago to get rid of the wobble. Didn't work so I just had the All Balls Steering Bearings installed. That seems to have done the trick. Or maybe it's the combination of the two. After riding two hundred miles today, I didn't feel the wobble. I also noticed how much tighter the steering felt at slow speeds. Not tight as in hard to steer, but there just didn't seem to be any play in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Garage
Those bearings get rave reviews just about everywhere. We use them in our shop based on customer request. Never a come back on them.
slowrollin and 823Jim like this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:03 AM

I hate to be a downer but if you are talking about the wobble at 40mph it will probably come back. I put 220,000 miles on my 2006 and had the wobble come and go. For the record I had the traxxion full monty done at 14,000 miles. Had it service at Traxxion every 20 to 25,000 miles . Had a Smartyre tpms so tire pressure was always with in a couple of pounds of the recommended pressure. Last time the Traxxion system was serviced , about 210,000 miles , my tires were close to end of life. Had the wobble before and right after service. Checked before putting on new tires still had wobble. After new tires wobble was gone.
Personally I don't worry about the wobble . I would prefer that the bike not have it but it only shows up when both hands are off the bars. Something I do very seldom at that speed.

I now have a 2017 with 15,000 miles on it and so far it doesn't appear to have the wobble. But I will check next time I'm out.
Chopin, Luv2fish and slowrollin like this.

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
I hate to be a downer but if you are talking about the wobble at 40mph it will probably come back. I put 220,000 miles on my 2006 and had the wobble come and go. For the record I had the traxxion full monty done at 14,000 miles. Had it service at Traxxion every 20 to 25,000 miles . Had a Smartyre tpms so tire pressure was always with in a couple of pounds of the recommended pressure. Last time the Traxxion system was serviced , about 210,000 miles , my tires were close to end of life. Had the wobble before and right after service. Checked before putting on new tires still had wobble. After new tires wobble was gone.
Personally I don't worry about the wobble . I would prefer that the bike not have it but it only shows up when both hands are off the bars. Something I do very seldom at that speed.

I now have a 2017 with 15,000 miles on it and so far it doesn't appear to have the wobble. But I will check next time I'm out.
I think we're talking about two different wobbles. My happened with my hands on the bars at speeds a lot higher than 40 mph. It was all of the time, but you could count on it happening on every ride. Hope you're wrong about it coming back
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrollin View Post
I think we're talking about two different wobbles. My happened with my hands on the bars at speeds a lot higher than 40 mph. It was all of the time, but you could count on it happening on every ride. Hope you're wrong about it coming back
Yes sir. Your " wobble " is not the classical " wobble " that us veterans talk about . You have a high speed shimmy .

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrollin View Post
Your right totally different wobble . Just out of curiosity how are your wheel bearings ? I had worn out all balls and didn't have a wobble at high speeds.

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode