Mute sensitivity setting? - Honda Goldwing Forums
 4Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Mute sensitivity setting?

Can anyone tell me if there is a mute sensitivity setting on 2013 GL1800?
I was told that you can find it “....right after the volume setting.”

Mike
2013 GL1800, Level III
1996 HD Heritage Softail Classic (sold this past summer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Garage
Interesting question that ties in with a current issue I have with my '09. Near as I no, there is no sensitivity setting on the mute, it's either on or off (somebody school me if I'm wrong here).

Last season I had a couple glitches with my mute switch acting up but it cleared itself and I kind of forgot about it. However, last night I was doing some checking and my audio system was muted on everything but the CB. No radio, no aux input, nada. So I started at square one and played with the CB squelch and I finally got some muted sound out of my i-pod tunes. I did check the i-pod to make sure that it wasn't the culprit (it is a tad old now) so I came to the conclusion that my mute switch is either gunked up or faulty. I hosed the thing good with contact cleaner and wrapped a shop rag around it for the night. I didn't test it on the ride in to work this morning, but I will take a boo at it around lunch time. I'll get some canned air and blow out and residual and see what comes of it.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
On my 2012 you can set the mute, press the ICOM button, then press the Volume knob until ICOM mute appears, then you can adjust the mute sensitivity with the VOL knob.

9th ID, US Army
Vietnam 69-70
Disabled Veterans of America
Member of MOPH (Military Order of the Purple Heart)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Terryl , Thanks, will try that!!!

Mike
2013 GL1800, Level III
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:11 PM

When you say "mute sensitivity" do you mean set the system so that when you speak the CB/Radio etc is muted according to how loudly you speak or how much the CB/Radio volume is lowered as you speak?

Every motorcycle can outperform it's rider.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Garage
Now that I see that I think I've done that before. However, it made no difference on my sound output level, it's like the stereo is on permanent mute. If I push the mute button in , it does make a difference in the volume, it's even quieter once pushed in. I'll go bat s**t if I have no tunes!!! Cantankeroous and I monkeyed with this a couple years back out at Kootenay lake and whatever we did it worked, but I'm stymied with it this time. I don't know what else to try. Service manual isn't much help either. Argh.

[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

GL Rider....yes the music does not stop when I talk to pillow rider on intercom. Let me preface that I am trying to get J & M Bluetooth device to work. I can hear music and passenger but the music is staying same decibel. J & M is saying to check “mute sensitivity” level

Mike
2013 GL1800, Level III
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:20 PM

Garage
The knob I'm refering to is on the panel by your left knee, it is the top round knob. Just select the mode you want to adjust, if you select Audio, then pushing the knob will allow you to adjust the AVC from "HI" to LO", when you select the ICOM, once it appears on your display you can push the knob and the first selection will be "ICOM VOL" you can then adjust on how loud you want the ICOM, push the know again and you will see "ICOM MUTE" this will allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the mute function. The lower the number the more sensitive the mute will be, the higher the number the less sensitive the mute.

Hope this helps

9th ID, US Army
Vietnam 69-70
Disabled Veterans of America
Member of MOPH (Military Order of the Purple Heart)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:48 AM

The mute sensitivity adjustment on my 2012 is about worthless. I have tried all the settings and none really worked. I have to scream into the headset to get the radio to mute while using the intercom.
captain78 likes this.

2012 GL1800
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Garage
well, my issue was solved last night after work. Seems I had the headset mode on and not the speakers. Yeesh.

Moral of the story: if you need/wear glasses, wear the darn things. Especially if you are trying to read something that's a tad faint
Cantankerous, Terryj and Luv2fish like this.

Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode