Goldwing seat - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Goldwing seat

i recently acquired the new 2018 Goldwing. I find the back seat is a through disgrace compared to my old 2012 model. The old model seat was so comfortable i have had two pillions actually fall asleep. It also was able to convince, reluctant daughters of Eve who had a slight apprehension of going for a ride to get on the bike. Once they sat on the back seat (bike stationary) they would be ready to go for a ride. Not this new Goldwing. I recently went on a tour with a young lady, who had travelled with me on my 2012 model before, the first leg was a 7 hr ride, after which she was so sore she was non functional. Needless to say she had nothing good to say about the seat. Is there any after market seat that can revive the old comfort level. I would have expected an improvement on the comfort of what is generally known as the most comfortable tourer in the world. Is taking legal action an option. What is wrong with Honda ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Garage
The seat on your 2012 wing was old and a little softer, just like a couch or any other thing you sit on. Over time it becomes softer, I think your comparing a seat that is broke-in to a new one that is not. But I'm only guessing. You might want a to try air hawk cushion for the passenger.
https://airhawk.net/

It's a motorcycle, expect wind!!
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Garage
I know of several co-riders that have no complaints on the newer models' seat as far as comfort and feel goes. Some are less than impressed with the seating space though, the new model is definitely shy of room compared to the previous model.

Corbin, Hartco, Ultimate and Russell (perhaps others) all have aftermarket options for seats for the new model wing.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

I know that Wingsoft also has a modification for the new Wing.
http://www.bikesolutionsllc.com/2018-goldwing.html

I have one on my 2010 and enjoy the ride.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:22 AM

I've used a company "Mean City Cycles" to modify my seats on my 93 Goldwing and 96 Vulcan, very happy with both mods (wife also). You give them the measurements of rider & driver, what you want to accomplish (I wanted to be lower & moved back), you ship them your seat and they have back to you within a week. Very nice people to work with and much more affordable than aftermarket seats, I recommend them. Our rides are much more comfortable on our butts, I also use a sheepskin sometimes on longer rides and it feels good.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:17 AM

My wife is one of the two women in the USA that like the seat, I went with a RDL

AMSOIL Dealer SINCE 1985
USN 1966-1970 USNR 1970-1984

Past Rides
1970 H1 KAWI
1974 H2 KAWI
1975 Z1 KAWI
1978 BMW 1000
1979 1300 KAWI
1980 WING
1984 WING
1986 YAMAHA VENTURE
1995 WING
2002 WING
2005 WING
2007 ULTRA
2009 ULTRA
2010 WING
2012 ULTRA LIMITED
2012 WING
2015 BMW EXCLUSIVE
2017 WING
2018 DCT TOUR/TRAXXION/HELI/RDL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode