12/16000 mileage maintance - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 3Likes

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 03:44 AM

since you found a hole in the reservoir, may I suggest a belly pan to protect it from happening again.
I had this one on mine and it did not interfere with oil changes since itís a 2 pc.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35488-...?from_search=1
JKWinger likes this.

Mark

2018 Goldwing Tour DCT Candy Ardent Red
'07 Trekker DL185 Trailer
AMA Member

DSi # 563 IDMWT #14
Riding soothes my soul.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
fmc

Thanks Mark I do have the belly pan on my accessory list along with other bling stuff... Getting lack of maintance items done now, almost there...
FMC
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ngin1t View Post
since you found a hole in the reservoir, may I suggest a belly pan to protect it from happening again.

I had this one on mine and it did not interfere with oil changes since itís a 2 pc.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35488-...?from_search=1
Does the belly pan allow you to lift the bike on it? Or do you remove it to lift?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Good guys ride black bikes
IDMWT #98

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKWinger View Post
Does the belly pan allow you to lift the bike on it? Or do you remove it to lift?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yes it does...just donít buy the louvered one.

Mark

2018 Goldwing Tour DCT Candy Ardent Red
'07 Trekker DL185 Trailer
AMA Member

DSi # 563 IDMWT #14
Riding soothes my soul.....
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:28 PM

I made a guard just for the canister. I bent and formed a piece of aluminum sheet in the shape of the bottom of the canister.
I mounted it with some 3M double faced tape.
The belly pan works, but in my case I would have had a problem loading the bike into my toy hauler. You do lose clearance with the belly pan.

2012 GL1800
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:07 PM

I ripped a hole in my coolant reservoir last summer just before Americade. The part was $56 bucks or so, and they charged me a little less than an hours worth of labor, because the guy did the job in about 40 minutes and I don't even think it really took that long. I wish I could have watched him so I would know how to do it, but judging by how fast he did it, it just couldn't be too difficult.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcihil View Post
I made a guard just for the canister. I bent and formed a piece of aluminum sheet in the shape of the bottom of the canister.
I mounted it with some 3M double faced tape.
The belly pan works, but in my case I would have had a problem loading the bike into my toy hauler. You do lose clearance with the belly pan.
I installed my pan because I ripped the the reservoir wide open trying to load the bike on a U-Haul bike trailer. I lost about 1/8 inch of clearance. I can live with that. If that 1/8 of an inch hits the trailer going up, the pan will scrape but so what. At least the bottle won't rip again.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
fmc

Several weeks ago when I bought my gl 1800 I used a uhaul trailer, I braced up the ramp about 5" had no problem loading, someone on this forum brought it to my attention..
FMC
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:46 PM

I just purchased a 2007 in November. I've found that the maintenance on the GL1800 is overall pretty easy to do minus the air filter. I just replaced the air filter yesterday and though it took some time the job really isn't that hard.

I'm replacing the coolant next. I have bled the clutch and rear brake, but will be doing a complete brake bleed. My 2007 has 16K miles on it, so there is no need for plugs yet. The spark plugs will be easy on the horizontal six. I've also replaced the rear tire. I removed the rear wheel by removing the rear access panel. I didn't like the idea of dumping it on its sided to remove the rear wheel. With all the reports of damage to the underside, a belly pan is the next accessory before my luck runs out.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzertrider View Post
I just purchased a 2007 in November. I've found that the maintenance on the GL1800 is overall pretty easy to do minus the air filter. I just replaced the air filter yesterday and though it took some time the job really isn't that hard.

I'm replacing the coolant next. I have bled the clutch and rear brake, but will be doing a complete brake bleed. My 2007 has 16K miles on it, so there is no need for plugs yet. The spark plugs will be easy on the horizontal six. I've also replaced the rear tire. I removed the rear wheel by removing the rear access panel. I didn't like the idea of dumping it on its sided to remove the rear wheel. With all the reports of damage to the underside, a belly pan is the next accessory before my luck runs out.
For the coolant change, pick up the copper sealing washer at your dealer. I know some will say it is not necessary to replace each time but these are one time washers.

2012 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode