Blown 30A Fuse - Honda Goldwing Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fossil92

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Blown 30A Fuse

I have a 95 GWSE that has been triked. The other day the 30 amp fuse blew and has blown three more times now, none of them directly, only after a few minutes of running. With the seat off so I could see better, I replaced the fuse (after checking all the wires I could), cranked the engine and let it idle for about 15 minutes, all the while jumping on the sideboards so I could replicate movement down the road...no fuse blown but after riding down the road with a smile thinking perhaps I had fixed the problem without even knowing it, the fuse blew again. No correlation between anything!! I am ready to put a rag in the gas tank. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggaWatt View Post
I have a 95 GWSE that has been triked. The other day the 30 amp fuse blew and has blown three more times now, none of them directly, only after a few minutes of running. With the seat off so I could see better, I replaced the fuse (after checking all the wires I could), cranked the engine and let it idle for about 15 minutes, all the while jumping on the sideboards so I could replicate movement down the road...no fuse blown but after riding down the road with a smile thinking perhaps I had fixed the problem without even knowing it, the fuse blew again. No correlation between anything!! I am ready to put a rag in the gas tank. Any suggestions?
No rags allowed in the tank today. I’m not to sure about tomorrow either. Haaaa

Electrical problems can be tough to find. Also very frustrating! Hope you find your problem. Might want to blow out the back of the fuse block, just a thought. Hoping the best for you.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
If it happens after you've applied the brakes a number of times, check the wires for the brake light circuit.

IDMHT#1
Go Navy!
Retired trike builder/motorcycle tech.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
So you say the 30 amp fuse blew.

Is this the dogbone fuse??? Or did someone change that to a blade type fuse???? Also you said you checked the wires as best you could. Did this include disconnecting, cleaning, and retightening wires???

If you still have the dogbone, you may want to consider changing that to the blade type. Additionally loose wires and poor connections will create heat which in turn create a fuse blowing situation.

One final item of note. Are there added lights or accessories (either by you or others) that have added to the load on the fuse???
W1ngin1t likes this.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode