2018 Honda Goldwing Pearl White - Page 3 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 26Likes

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Lee, I saw once where someone went to a trike builder and bought a couple side compartments, built a rack that hooked to the hitch, and the two side bags became storage off the back. It was a fairly slick idea, and I may have done that same thing if I didn't already have my set up that works well enough for us.

Just a thought for you.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
Congratulations on your new bike. Have you looked for You Tube videos on how to install the items you want? I don't know if there are any out there yet for the 2018s, but you may be able to install the items yourself.
I have been watching a lot of you tubes...

IBA #42245
SCMA
RETIRED
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Lee, I saw once where someone went to a trike builder and bought a couple side compartments, built a rack that hooked to the hitch, and the two side bags became storage off the back. It was a fairly slick idea, and I may have done that same thing if I didn't already have my set up that works well enough for us.

Just a thought for you.
That sounds similar to what I am thinking of doing but one trunk off the hitch..like a Tenere trunk aluminum.. Only for IBA rides.
fossil92 likes this.

IBA #42245
SCMA
RETIRED

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 08:10 PM

The Streak -

Hey Ibalee - Congratulations on your new 2018 Goldwing !!!! I'm sure you are going to enjoy participating in those 10k mile Iron Butt endurance rides even more. You'll have to come up with a new name for your new bike - something like "The Streak" or "White Lightning" sounds appropriate .

I'm looking at a 2014 GW that a friend (and the bank) owns. He has decided to down size for health reasons. All my bikes have had a name that fits their personality. As I think I've mentioned, my last 1996 GW SE was "Pretty Boy Floyd" and my current 84 1200 camp-mobile is "Beuford T (Trustworthy) Dudley" - The Dud.....

Ride Safe - Michael
IBALEE likes this.

Last edited by jkmcdonald123; 08-25-2018 at 08:15 PM.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBALEE View Post
I have been watching a lot of you tubes...
I bet you have been. What else are we gonna do in this heat?

Name for the bike......its gotta be something related to "the long road ahead". The Lady in the Wind.

2003 GL1800/MotorTrike Adventure IDMWT#25x3
Ride often. Ride far. Ride safe and do much more of both.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach him how to surf the GWOF and he won't bother you for weeks, maybe months
I'll be waitin' for you at the end of the road.
If everything had gone as planned, it would not have been an adventure.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBALEE View Post
I have found three still looking into to them. I am hedging to the Rivco since I have bought things from them in the past and was always happy with the quality.
I am thinking a spare removable trunk would be a good thing for long trips. (1,000 miles or more)
I had someone post that the new wing has a smaller tank which it does by less than a gallon but I have also read where the new wing gets up to 50 mpg which is a significant difference, giving the wing a range possibly up to 275 significantly more than my 2012 wing. The 90 lbs. reduction but, even more the diminished profile less drag and the new engine with fly by wire all creating a nice increase in MPG.
I can live with the cargo decrease but I will miss the large storage of my old Wing.
Evidently the new wing is harder to work on and requires more hours.
It seems things like putting in Sirius radio 4 hours and fog lights 4 hours. At 100 dollars an hour one can be dipping into their wallet a bit too much.
you don't have to do anything to install the satellite radio except remove the seat as long as you mount the antennae on the rear deck like I did. Works fine and 10 minute installation
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmcdonald123 View Post
Hey Ibalee - Congratulations on your new 2018 Goldwing !!!! I'm sure you are going to enjoy participating in those 10k mile Iron Butt endurance rides even more. You'll have to come up with a new name for your new bike - something like "The Streak" or "White Lightning" sounds appropriate .

I'm looking at a 2014 GW that a friend (and the bank) owns. He has decided to down size for health reasons. All my bikes have had a name that fits their personality. As I think I've mentioned, my last 1996 GW SE was "Pretty Boy Floyd" and my current 84 1200 camp-mobile is "Beuford T (Trustworthy) Dudley" - The Dud.....

Ride Safe - Michael
My two triumph rockets names were MASSIVE AND BEAST3, I never really named my other two Wings. This one is "MILEZ" I think it fits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amilez.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	258287  
fossil92 likes this.

IBA #42245
SCMA
RETIRED
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Like a glove, Lee

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
IBALEE likes this.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liflyboy View Post
I can tell you that, with 1000 miles on the 2018, I am getting 45 - 50 MPG. Cruising range is around 275, so the claims Honda made are true. Removing gas did not lower the range at all.
Richie I saw that right away by calculating the tank range and the longer, consistently and staying most likely around no more than 75 will get the 50 mpg I am betting... thanks

IBA #42245
SCMA
RETIRED
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 06:13 AM

IBALEE

Can you comment on the difference between the new GW and the Road Glide when it comes to handling in stop and go traffic and slow speed manuevering? My Road Glide Ultra is a bear to handle at slow speeds and is the reason I would consider buying a new GW. Any thought would be appreciated.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in